Chapter 73

*Tara's POV*

I heard multiple screams come from the camp we had set up for the night and I rushed over.

At first I didn't realize what was happening, but I then saw Maggie on the ground, crying, and with Addie in her arms. But not the Addie I know, one with a bullet in her innocent head.

I put a hand to my mouth and felt tears run from my eyes.

I dropped down next to Dylan and Emmie and wrapped them in a hug.

Who would kill an innocent child like that? It was my niece Meghan all over again.

"Tara?" Emmie sobbed.

"Yes sweetie?" I asked and wiped her tears and then wiped mine.

"Please tell me this isn't real!" She sobbed. I hugged her tighter and tried to tell her it was okay, but we all knew it wasn't.

*Glenn's POV*

Everyone slowly went to bed, even Dylan and Emmie. But Maggie and I didn't move. We cried all night. By the time it was morning, we had cried ourselves dry.

Everyone gave us their condolences over time.

Rick handed us a sheet to wrap her body in. "I'm so sorry," he said. "I know what that kind of loss feels like."

I held Addie's small body close and kissed her forehead. Maggie leaned over and did the same.

"You'll be okay baby," she said and stroked Addie's brow hair. "You can meet your Uncle Shawn, Aunt Beth, grandpa Hershel, Aunt Becca, and Henry."

I gave her one last kiss on the head and wrapped her body in the sheet. Rick had told us we were going back to the ASZ so we laid Addie in the back of a truck and drove back.

As soon as we stepped out of the cars, Alice came running up.

"It's Addie! She's gone! She isn't anywhere!" She said franticly. "What's wrong?"

I reached in the truck and lifted Addie's body up. I pulled the sheet back to reveal her face. Alice gasped and started to tear up. "She's gone?" She asked. We nodded. It was like I had no tears left in me.

"Is Michael, Harper and Mia okay?" Maggie asked.

"There scared, but okay." Alice choked out.

What will they say when they find out Addie's......dead?