Chapter 16

*Glenn's POV*

It has been seven months since Harper was born. Time has been going by so fast now that she is here. Emmie turned eight a few months ago, so we threw her a makeshift birthday party. She was so happy that I kept track of the days.

I heard Harper crying in our room so I went to her. She had woken up from her nap. "Hey sweet girl!" I said and she smiled. Maggie walked in after me. I picked up Harper and held her in the air over my face. She smiled which caused drool to fall onto my face.

Maggie laughed so hard. "Yay, Harper!" She laughed.

"It's okay." I wiped my face with my shirt. "Technically, her spit, is my spit." Maggie laughed at that. "It's true! I'm her father, I made her!" At this point, Maggie was dying from laughter on the bed.

"And this is why I love you. Because you say things like that," she said and kissed me. I cherish these calm moments. Mostly because you never know when something bad will happen.

I walked out into the cafeteria with Harper in one hand, and holding Maggie's hand in the other.

When we walked in, Beth said, "There are the two lovebirds."There was Beth, Carl, Michonne, and Sasha.

I kissed Maggie after Beth's comment and Carl yelled, "Get a room!" He hid his eyes. Carl was 13 now, and he still can't watch people kissing.

"Oh come on, Carl!" Maggie went over to him and draped an arm around his shoulder. "You're just jealous that you don't have anyone to kiss." She picked him up from behind as he struggled and ran to Beth with him. "I know you at least used to have a crush on Beth, why don't you give her a quick kiss," Maggie teased.

Beth quickly gave Carl a peck on the lips. "Ewwww!" Carl yelled. We all laughed including Beth. "Maggie!"

Then, the ground started to shake. Followed by an explosion. Harper started to cry and Beth came to me. "I'll take her! I'll get her to Carol!" She took Harper and ran off. I ran outside with the rest, grabbing my machine gun on the way out.

We ran to the fences to see the Governor. The man who kidnapped us. Beth ran out and nodded at Maggie and I. Harper was safe.

Rick was talking to the Governor down my the fences. Then he brought our Hershel and Michonne, making them kneel on the ground.

"Daddy!" Beth started to run to Hershel but I grabbed her by the waist and held her back. We couldn't hear what Rick was saying. All I knew was that the Governor put a sword to Hershel's neck. He whispered something, brought the sword back, and hit Hershel's neck. His head nearly fell off as Maggie and Beth screamed, gripping the fence.

"NOOOO!" Rick yelled and started shooting. We followed his lead.

"I'm out of ammo!" Beth screamed.

"Me too!" I looked at her.

"Ok! I'll cover you guys while you get to the bus!" Maggie yelled over all the shooting.

We started to run to the bus, dogging bullets.

"You two stay here! I'm going to find Henry, Emmie, and Harper!" Maggie said.

"No, Maggie I'm coming with you!" I protested. "They're my kids too!"

"No! You have to stay with Beth! Get these people on the bus, we all have jobs to do." With that she ran off.

~~~~~

*Emmie's POV*

"Mommy! Daddy!" I screamed. I was in a ball with my hands over my ear, sitting in the corner of the prison. I decided to get up and go outside.

There was smoke everywhere, and shooting. Then, I saw the Governor by the bottom fences. We were under attack. They had knocked the fences down and walkers were pouring in. I grabbed a machine gun and ran to my left. Then I saw Henry.

He was surrounded by walkers. I lifted my gun but it was to late. A walker sunk it's teeth into his arm. He started screaming in pain so I shot the walkers down.

"HENRY!" I yelled and ran to him.

"Find Mom, find Dad. I love you Em," He said.

"I love you too." I cried and leaned down to hug him. Then, he was gone.

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I ran. I saw the bus in the distance. My parents might be on the bus. I started to run to it, but it took off before I got there.

"No! Wait! Please!" I yelled, waving my hands in the air while jumping.

"Em!" I heard. I whipped around to see Daryl and Beth running to me.

I hugged them both tight as Beth said, "The babies weren't were I left them, neither were the kids. We have to find them!"

Daryl looked around, "We gotta go, Beth. We gotta go."

We ran to his motorcycle and squeezed on. Beth was skinny and I was small so we fit. I sat between Daryl and Beth so I wouldn't fall.

"Hold on," Daryl said. I held onto him and leaned my head onto his leather jacket and started to cry again.

~~~~~

I motorcycle ran out of gas after two hours of riding it, and when it stopped, I lost it. I fell to the ground and started to cry in a ball.

Beth knelt down and said, "Em, it's going to be okay."

I slapped her hand away and sat up. "No it's not! Everyone's dead! My parents are dead! My brother! Harper! Dead, dead, dead! I have nobody anymore!"

"You don't know that!" Beth yelled.

"Yes I do! I saw Henry torn apart in front of my own eyes!" I stabbed my knife against the road.

"Hey, Emmie, before all of that happened, you parents pulled me aside. They asked me to protect you, keep you safe, look after you if anything ever happened to them. And I will. I owe them that much." Daryl was knelt on the ground next to me. He pulled me in for a hug and I stopped crying. "You have us."

/////Authors note/////
Shoutout to StaurenIsPerff for all the supportive comments! Go follow them and read their stories!