Chapter 89

*Emmie's POV*

Not a word. I haven't spoken a word since mom left. What's the point? If I talk to people and get close to them, they'll just end up leaving me. Daddy is the only one to love me enough to not leave me. But they always leave. Whether it is because of death or by choice.

"Em go get ready for school," daddy told me. "Have you eaten?"

I nodded my head.

"Em, say something, pease? I want to hear your voice again." He knelt down in front of me.

I looked at him and said nothing. When I turned away I heard him sigh but I continued to walk to my room. I got changed, packed my bag, and put my knife on my belt.

~~~~~

Emily and I were sitting on the bench during recess when a group of three boys in our class came up.

"I heard your mom left you Emerson," the 'leader' Drake said.

"Shut up Drake!" I said.

"I believe that I heard your biological mom left you too," he continued.

I stood up. "I said shut up!"

I started to walk away when he spoke again. "It's just a matter of time before you dad leaves too!"

I stopped, my hand gripping the knife at my side. I couldn't take it anymore so I whipped out the knife and tackled Drake down.

"AHH!" He yelled and raked his nails down my cheek. I felt the warm blood falling down my face I I punched him with one hand, hiding the knife up with the other.

"Emerson!" I heard Dylan and Mrs. Smith yelled at once. I felt arms wrapped around my waist and I was pulled away.

"Let go of me!" I shoved Dylan away and put my knife back.

"Emerson Rhee get your things!" Mrs. Smith yelled and grabbed me by the upper arm.

*Glenn's POV*

I heard a knock at the front door and walked over with a sleeping Mia in my arms.

"Mrs. Smith, come in. Is everything okay?" I backed away and set Mia down in her crib.

"It most certainly is not!" She snapped. Her glasses were hanging around her neck, snagging on her hair. "Your the father of this girl. Is that correct?"

"Yes," I said.

"Your daughter was caught fighting with a classmate, and whipping out her knife! She was trying to cut a boy!" She was furious. She let go of Emmie's arm when I motioned for Emmie to come to me.

"That can't be true." I never thought that she would do that.

"I saw it with my own eyes." She clenched her fists.

"It wasn't my fault! He started it! Look, he scratched me." She had blood dripping from her face. I didn't even notice that she had finally spoken.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Don't you dare comfort her after what she did!" Mrs. Smith yelled.

"Look, Mrs. Smith, I am so sorry this happened. Emmie is definitely in trouble. She will never do it again," I said as she huffed and left the house.

As soon as the door shut Emmie broke down sobbing. "I'm sorry daddy!" She cried.

I picked her up and hugged her tight. "I know."

*Emmie's POV*

"I'm so sorry!" I cried for the tenth time into daddy's shoulder. He took me into the bedroom and sat with me on the bed. "Are you mad at me? Are you going to leave me too?"

"What makes you think I would leave you?" He asked, clearly confused.

"That Drake kid said it was just a matter or time before you left. Just like my biological mom and mommy."

He gabbed my shoulders and made me look at him. "Stop it, hey stop it. I ain't ever gonna leave you I can promise you that. I love you too much to leave you," he said and pulled me against his chest. "Even if dead I'll always be with ya."

"Good," I said and breathed in his familiar scent I've known for as long as I can remember.

"I'm just glad to hear your voice again."

I smiled. "I'm glad that I'm talking again."

A/N
What Glenn do you imagine in this story?
Season 1 Glenn?
Season 2 Glenn?
Season 3 Glenn?
Season 4 Glenn?
Or season 5 Glenn?
Same with Maggie?
Comment plzzzzz