Chapter 99

*Maggie's POV*

I looked to my left to see Emmie walking with her head down.

"What's wrong?" I asked as we trudged through the woods.

"Nothing, I just don't really feel good," he replied.

"You want to go back?"

"No!" She quickly said. "I'm okay. We need some mother daughter bonding time anyway." She looked up and smiled at me with a big toothy grin.

"Well, I can tell that you're already a daddy's girl," I laughed.

"I can't help that, I've lived with daddy all my life!" She giggled and took my hand. "I can be a mommy's girl if you want."

"Sounds good to me!"

We kept walking for a couple more minutes before she spoke again.

"Do you think......." She stopped and looked at the ground again.

"What?"

"Nothing, it's kinda stupid," she replied softly.

"I don't care Em, I wanna know." I squeezed her hand and smiled down at her.

She sucked in a deep breath. "Ok. I'm just worried that you're going to lie to me and tell me everything will be okay."

"I won't lie. I promise," I reassured her.

"After the prison fell, we were all separated just like this. But the only reason we all found each other was because Terminus was announcing that they had sanctuary, and we all followed the signs. Well......I don't think we are going to find each other this time. There is no other Terminus, nowhere for us to meet up. We don't even know if anyone else got out. We're all we got now."

"You told me to be honest so I will be," I started. I knelt down and took both her hands. "We don't know if anyone else got out but we did. And you and me aren't too far gone. Just like Rick always says. Some people are but not us."

"I know we aren't. We aren't broken yet, we're just bent." I looked into her big brown eyes, the same color as Glenn's, and wrapped my arms around her.

I kissed the side of her head. "I love you Em."

"I love you too," she said softly.

I pulled away and we started to walk again.

"Maybe we aren't even bent, we could just be dented," I said.

"Nah....we were bent before the walkers showed up," she said and we laughed.

A minute later, I was starting to zone out when Emmie pointed and said loudly, "Look!"

A/N
Did you like the little mother daughter moment in this chapter? Comment so I can know!