Chapter 46

I woke up screaming with a sharp pain coming from my scratch. I have to be immune because it has been a long time since the walker scratched me. But every once in a while I feel an unbearable pain in my arm.

I looked around to see that I was in some sort of a basement. I tried to stand up but fell down because I was chained to the wall.

I sat there nervously until the door opened.

"You!" I spat at the man. He was none other than one of Gormans best buds from the hospital me and Beth were at.

"You stupid little girl," he creepily laughed.

"Let me go Richard!" I yelled.

"You see, I can't do that," he said. "You killed the woman that kept things running smoothly here! Now everything's a mess! And I need payback! People here are going crazy, hurting themselves, killing people, trying to sneak out, because of you!"

"I didn't kill Dawn, that was Daryl! I had nothing to do with it! Nobody did but Daryl!" I screamed and tried to shake my hands free.

"You killed this safe haven!" He yelled and slapped me.

"All I know, is that you people murdered my Aunt Beth out of cold blood right in front of my face!" I kicked him in the shin and he cut me across the face with his knife.

"You're going to pay for everything you've done!" He spat and left.

"I DID NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!" I screamed as loud as I could. I felt blood dripping down my face.

~~~~~

After hours of starring at the cement ground, Richard came back in with another man.

"Get up!" The man yelled and yanked me to my feet. They undid the chains around my wrists and pulled me down the hall. I tried to get out of his grip but couldn't. Then I remembered the scratch. Maybe I could get him infected by biting him. It's worth a shot. I turned my head and bit down on Richards arm and he slapped me.

They slammed me down on a table and held a knife to my neck. "Tell me where your camp is or I'll kill you."

"You don't have the guts to kill a little girl. But I already killed you," I said.

"What do you mean!"

"I'm infected. And now you are too. Look at my arm," I told him. He rolled up my sleeve.

"That can't be real!" The other man said. "She'd be running a fever."

Richard was boiling with anger and he picked up a machete and held it above me. He was going to kill me. Right as he was about to kill me I yelled, "the Alexandria Safe Zone! The Alexandria Safe Zone! That's our camp!"

"I knew you'd crack," he said. His breath smelled horrible. "Tie her up, gather a group and let's make her group suffer!"

"No! Please don't!" I screamed as I was chained to the wall again. "Please," I whispered.