Chapter 2~ Found

*Emmies P.O.V.*

My feet were burning as my legs pumped, me running down a street trying to get away from THEM. The walkers, biters, geeks, whatever you call them. They were chasing me and my big brother.

"Emmie! Emmie!" I heard him yell. I couldn't figure out where his voice was coming from.

"Henry! Henry, where are you!" I yelled back at him. I turned around and started to run backwards while shooting my handgun at the walkers. I tripped and fell because I backed into a rock jutting out from the ground as a walker stumbled towards me. I pulled to trigger of my gun but nothing happened. I quickly opened my clip to see that it was empty and I was out of rounds.

Helpless, I screamed and waited for the walkers to consume me when one was shot in the head and fell sideways to the ground.

Henry stood there for a moment before pulling me up into his arms. I sobbed as he put me down.

"Come on! We have to run!" He said as the herd caught up to us. It was not until I had run a few meters when I realized I had left my gun pieces on the ground. Henry saw that I was about to run back but grabbed my arm, "Here," he said while handing me our last handgun.

We didn't waste the bullets on the herd that we knew we couldn't take out, so we just ran. By nightfall, we were far enough ahead from the walkers to take a breather.

I collapsed to the dirt and breathed heavily. Henry dropped down next to me and I crawled over next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Great job today kiddo," he said and held my small hand. "Wow, I have been on this earth for fifteen years and I have never ran as much as I did today."

"And I couldn't even help you take them walkers out." I crosses my arms over my chest. "I'm good shot, I know I am, but I just need more practice."

"Give yourself a break kid, your only seven."

"I won't always be," I replied and put my head in his lap. "Where do you think daddy is?"

"Alive, I hope." Henry replied and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I hope he is. He's all we've got." I thought about my mother. She died while giving birth to me and even Henry doesn't know her very well. Henry was adopted a few months before I was born. I can't say that I wanted to know her. Dad said that he realized that he didn't really love her.

My father is Korean- American but my mother is Irish-American so look nothing like my dad. My skin is white and so is Henry's. Kids at school made fun of me because of how me and Henry looked nothing like my father. Except I have his brown eyes.

I miss my daddy so much. He was so funny and never got mad. Right when the dead started walking, I have been separated from him. We became separated when a herd attacked out house and Henry and I were trapped in a bedroom. Dad tried to get to us, but there were to many walkers. He yelled that he would be back for us soon. That's my last memory of my father.

~~~~~

"Wake up Emmie!" My brother shook me awake and the sun blinded me. I groaned and sat up. "I saw a car pass by! Maybe we can find people!"

With that, I jumped up and put my gun in my holster and my switch blade in my boot, just in case.

Henry took the bag of our things and showed me the tire trial that was left in the dirt. "It was a grey minivan with a cracked headlight," Henry told me. We walked following the trail for at least two hours and stumbled upon a prison.

"There it is!" Henry pointed at the car that he described earlier inside all the fences.

Without thinking, we just headed down towards the gate. A few meters away from the gate. A shot was fired at my feet. Henry grabbed me and pulled me to him. I noticed the snippet in the watch tower and pointed. "There."

We dropped our weapons and held up our hands. Two men came down from the two watchtowers, one carrying a crossbow and the other had a machine gun

"Can we stay with you? Please!" I blurted out.

"How many walkers have you killed?" The man with the machine gun said.

"Tons."

"How many people have you killed?"

"Two."

"Why?"

"Because they told us to."

"Welcome to our group. I'm Rick Grimes, and this is Daryl Dixon."

"I'm Emerson, Emerson Rhee." I said holding my brothers hand.

///////Authors note///////

Let me no if you have any ideas. I have written so many chapters but haven't published them yet so if you share an ideas it might not be used for a while.