Chapter 11

*Emmie's POV*

"Noooo!" I screamed. They pulled me away from my parents. I stomped at Dave's feet. He picked me up and dragged me as I struggled. They pulled us around back of their small town called Woodbury and pulled us into the basement of their armory building.

"Mom! Daddy!" I sobbed as my parents struggled against the people holding them back.

"Let her go!" Dad yelled as they tossed me into a room. It was a storage room with almost nothing in it. A few old clocks, some paintings, and some chairs. They made the stupid mistake of unbinding my hands so I took advantage of everything in the room. I needed a weapon.

I examined my options. The clock! I took the wall clock and smashed the glass in. The pieces broke into sharp triangles. I took two of the pieces and put one in each of my boots I grabbed one more piece and his it in my pocket. I kicked the clock under a painting to hide what I did and waited.

I heard a pound scream come from the room next to mine. I couldn't tell if it were my mom or dad. The screams continued and I started to sob. I hugged my knees to my chest and rocked back and forth in the corner.

~~~~~

I heard voices from outside the room. I grabbed my piece of glass and stood against the wall next to the doorway. He came in and I jumped out and stabbed him in the back of the head. He fell to the ground and the door shut. It automatically locked and I searched the man for weapons. He had one handgun and a machine gun. I hid the handgun in my baggy sweatshirt.

I remember Daryl showing me how to use a machine gun, but I have only used one once. It was already loaded and when I heard a few voices, I held it up.

My finger shook on the trigger as a group of people entered. I pulled the trigger and shot down two of the five men until my ammo ran out. I dropped the machine gun and started to slowly step back as Merle emerged from behind two of the men.

"Idiot!" He yelled and approached me. She smacked me in the face, hard. Then, he punched me. I felt blood run down the side of my face as he grabbed me arm and pulled me out of the room. He went down the hall to another door and opened it. I sobbed as I saw my mom standing in the room. Merle pushed me in and I ran to her. She wrapped me in her arms and put he hand on the back of my head. I felt her silently crying as she pulled away.

"What did they do to you?" She said and wiped the blood from my face. She gently dabbed my cheek with her black shirt.

"I broke a clock and used the glass to kill one of the men. I grabbed his guns and shot a few others and Merle punched me." I tried to keep from crying. "I'm so scared, Mommy."

She pulled me to her. "I know baby."

~~~~~

About an hour later, Merle showed up and grabbed me from my moms arms. He tied us both to chairs, across from each other. He looked at me.

"This is what you get for killing my men!" He yelled. He punched me in the face. Over and over again he punched me.

"NO! STOP!" Mom yelled, struggling to get loose.

He stood behind me, and I saw Mom crying. He put his knife to my arm. He sliced across my arm, and I screamed as blood started to fall. He laughed and and left the room.

When he came back, he had my dad in his grasp. He struggled until he saw us. Merle locked us in as Dad ran to untie us. Mom hugged him. And he ran to me. He held my face in his hands as I cried. When I was untied, he pulled me close and picked me up. He cried and so did I.