Chapter 7

*Emmie's P.O.V.*

I was dreaming, that was all a dream. Walkers still roamed the world, I was still shot, and I was in more pain then you could ever imagine. That's when I woke up.

Hershel was trying the pull the bullet fragments out. I started to scream as loud as I could from pain. I sobbed while I screamed, "Daddy!" I reached out with my good arm.

"You're killing her! You're killing her! Stop!" I heard my father yell.

"Glenn I mess you to hold her down or else I might cut something with my tools.

I saw my dad kneel down as he held my wrists down. I screamed and screamed, and screamed. I saw Mommy in the corner crying into Henry. And then it all went black.

~~~~~

*Glenn's P.O.V*

"What happened? Why isn't she awake?!" I yelled.

"She's just passed out. She has lost to much blood. Do you know her blood type?"

"O, she has O, like her mother did."
I held her hand.

"Does anyone here have that blood type?" Maggie asked, standing up.

"You do," Hershel said.

"Here take it." Maggie held out her arm, "hurry Dad."

Hershel quickly hooked up an IV to Emmie's arm and checked her pulse. "She's stable, for now. But we can't keep the bullet wound open for much longer, she will keep losing blood, but there is still one bullet fragment left so we can't close the wound yet. Maggie, don't wander far, I'm going to need more blood soon." Hershel got up and left the cell.

"What are we going to do?" Maggie asked. "What if we can't get the bullet fragment out?"

"Maggie, don't think like that. She's going to be fine. We're going to be fine." I wrapped my arms around her and we stood there together.

~~~~~

I never sleep, I never leave her. Maggie had just given two more pints of blood and was about to go to bed. She had been so tired the past week because of all the blood she has given.

I was looking at my pocket watch when Emmie's body jerked. Her eyes popped open as she breathed quickly.

"Where am I?" She panted while looking around the room frantically.

"You're in our cell. It's okay. Everything is fine." I said, stroking her hair.

"Ow!" She winced and grabbed her left arm. "It really hurts."

"I know baby, I know." I said, holding back tears.

"Mommy?" She asked.

"Yes sweetheart?" Maggie was on her knees, leaning on the bed.

"I guess you really are my mom now right? I've got your and daddy's blood in me. I think," Emmie laughed.

"I guess so." Maggie laughed and stroked the top of Emmie's hand.

"Now get some sleep," I said.

"Ok. I love you Daddy, love you Mommy." She closed her eyes and I kissed her head and so did Maggie.

~~~~~

Later that week, Emmie was feeling well enough to come out and eat dinner with the group. I held her hand as she walked in.

Beth approached up and said, "Emmie, you're back! Are you feeling better?" She asked.

"Yes," she said shyly and leaned closer to me.

"Oh come on!" I said picking her up. "give you Aunt a hug!" She laughed and I tossed her to Beth. She gave beth a big hug and then ran off to sit with Carl, Molly, Lizzie, and Mika.

"Maggie?" I pulled Maggie out into the hallway. "Are we ready to do this?"

"Yes." She hugged me and I quickly kissed her and walked back into the cafeteria, holding onto Maggie's hand.

"Hey, um guys?" I said. Everyone turned to is and it went silent. "We have something to tell you."

Maggie looked at me and I nodded. "I'm pregnant. Glenn and I have known for about three and a half months now. We were going to say something earlier but then Emmie and Henry arrived."

Rick slowly walked over and put a hand on my shoulder, "Congratulations," he said.

I nodded and people gathered around and started hugging us.

When everybody had left, Emmie and Henry approached us. "Look guys, were sorry we didn't tell you but we wanted to tell the whole group together." I said.

"It's okay, we totally get it." Henry hugged Maggie and Emmie hugged me.

"Come on, it's late, let's go to bed." I said.

As we started to make our way back to Cell Block C, Emmie reached up for me to carry her. I picked her up like a baby as she fell asleep in my arms.

Ten minutes later, we arrived at our cell and Henry hopped onto his bed with a thud. I put Emmie down in her bed and pulled the covers over her. I kissed her forehead and went to Maggie. She was already laying in bed and I laid down next to her.

/////Authors note/////
I've written ahead of this and I'm so excited to update!