Chapter 41

||A/N||
Before I start, I said that I put a pic of the bracelet from the last chapter to the side but I forgot to. So the picture is the bracelet (really my bracelet if you read the last authors note)! Enjoy!

~~~~~

I was shaken awake and I saw Carol standing over me. "Come on honey, there's some people that want to see you."

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and followed Carol across the hall. Inside were four baskets. Inside the baskets were four little babies.

"Which one is my mommies?" I asked.

"All of them," she said.

(A/N: there is a reason there is four)

I looked at then closely. Two boys and two girls. Slowly, I picked up the smallest one and held her close. "Momma and daddy will be alright. Don't worry."

She started to cry and Carol handed me a bottle. I fed her and rocked her small body back and forth.

"Are they healthy?" I asked.

"Yes. The doctor checked them," Carol replied and rubbed my shoulder.

"Emmie?" I heard Aunt Alice say from behind me. I put the baby back in the basket and ran to hug her. "They're going to be just fine." She picked me up. "I moved your stuff into my house. You should come get some rest."

"What about the babies?" I asked.

"I got them Em," Carol said. I nodded and Alice took me outside and to a small white and brown house.

"His is where me and my husband Joshua live. You remember him right?" She asked.

"A little."

"We were only married for about a year before this happened." She set me down and unlocked the door.

Uncle Josh came out of the kitchen. "Hey babe," he said and kissed Aunt Alice. I made a yuck face. "Hey Em, you've gotten so big!"he said.

"Where is Charlotte?" Aunt Alice asked.

"Asleep. Just got her to take a nap," he said. I was confused about who Charlotte was but shrugged it off.

"Come on Em, we cleared out the guest bedroom and the office for you and your parents. You and Harper stay in the office and your parents in the bedroom when they wake up," Aunt Alice said.

"If they wake up," I corrected.

"No! When." Aunt Alice grabbed my hand and took me to the office. They had a crib ready for Harper and a small bed for me. "Your stuff is in the closet sweetie. Go to sleep, get some rest." She kissed my forehead and closed the door.

I took my bag out of the closet and tossed it on the bed. I stopped and looked out the window. I opened the window and climbed out. I grabbed onto the trellis on the side of the house and climbed up it. When I reached the roof I sat at the top and looked at the stars.

I took my bracelet off and held it to my heart. Then, I remembered my scratch.

Why don't I feel sick? Why don't I feel like I'm dying?

I looked at my arm. It doesn't look any worse than it did before.

"Emmie?" I heard Aunt Alice say.

"Ya?" I replied and started to climb down the trellis.

"Where are you?"

"Uh...look at the office door!" I said hoping that she would so she wouldn't see that I was on the roof. I quietly climbed back into the window and crawled under the bed. "Under here," I said.

"Whatcha doing down here," she said and crawled on the ground.

"Thinking," I said.

I got out from under the bed. Aunt Alice kissed my head and left. I changed into my pjs and got into bed. I was finally half asleep when I felt a sharp pain in my arm. That's when I started screaming.