Chapter 106

*Emmie's POV*

~~Flashback/Dream~~

I was six years old and laying in my bed when it happened. I pulled the blankets closer around me and snuggled into the warmth when the ground shook.

BANG!

BANG!

The ground constantly shook as I covered my ears. "Daddy!" I screamed when Henry rushed in.

"Emmie come on!" He swung me out of bed and onto his hip. I continued to cry as he went into the small living room. "Dad what's happening?!"

I dropped down to the ground and ran to my daddy's side as he watched out the window. Our little house was right outside the city that bombs were being dropped into. I hugged daddy's leg tight and he turned on the local news.

"This an emergency, I repeat, an emergency! The dead are coming back and eating other humans! Get supplies, get somewhere safe, and stay out of the city! I repeat-"

That's when the TV shut off and went to static.

"Daddy, what's going on?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"Baby I need you to get in the basement with Henry," he said.

"Where you gonna go?" I asked.

"I'm going to be right behind you now go," he said and Henry dragged me downstairs.

Moments later daddy's showed up in the basement and sat down on the couch, his head in his hands. I climbed onto his lap. "Daddy.....I'm scared."

"I know baby. I won't let anything bad happen to you," he said and held me close.

~~~~~

The next morning we heard pounding on the basement door. Then a we heard the moans.

"Daddy those thing are in our house!" I cried.

"Don't worry I won't let them touch you. I'm going to distract them and you two stay down here." He started up the stairs to the door.

"No!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him down. "Don't leave me!"

"I'm not leaving you. I'll he right back. And if I'm not Henry will take care of you okay? I love you baby girl," he said and hugged me tight.

"I love you too daddy," I sobbed. He gave me a kiss before starting up the stairs. He swung open the door to reveal those things and he pulled them all back and slammed the basement door behind him. "Daddy," I cried and Henry picked me up.

I heard a pound on the door and then a shriek. "Emmie, Henry! I'll come back for you both!" Daddy yelled and then it was silent.

He left me.

~~End of Flashback/Dream~~

*Glenn's POV*

I didn't want to let go. I wanted to stay there with Maggie in my arms forever. I leaned back and pressed my lips to hers. I put my arms around her waist and pulled her as close as possible. She put her arms around my neck and lightly tangled her soft fingers in my hair.

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you more." She smirked.

I heard Carol and Sasha approaching from behind and Maggie pulled away. She hadn't seen Mia wrapped in a blanket in Sasha's arms.

"Close your eyes," I said and she closed her eyes. I went to Sasha and carefully pick Mia up and held her to my chest. "Now hold out your hands." She reached out and I gave her Mia. "You got it?"

"Yep," she replied.

"Now open."

She slowly opened her eyes. "Mia!" She cried and fell to her knees. "My baby girl. I missed you so much." She kissed her head I knelt down to run her back.

"What about me?" I joked.

"I missed you too," she laughed and kissed me again.

A/N
I little bit of Glaggie in this chapter and a flashback! Or as my science teacher calls it: a blast from the past!