Chapter 101

*Emmie's POV*

"Look!" I said and pointed to a house.

We rushed over to it and went around to the big brown front door. It was unlocked which meant it was probably empty but we went inside anyway. Mom gave me silent hand motions to tell me to make a left. I quickly turned into the room to my left to see around twenty walkers shuffling around. They all turned at once and started towards us.

"Go!" I yelled and we leaped out the door. I looked franticly for an escape. "There!" We ran to an underground bunker that was locked with a padlock.

"Cover me!" Mom yelled and started to hit the lock with a hatchet. I shot down walkers until I felt someone grab my arm and pull me into the bunker.

Quickly, we latched all four of the locks as the walkers banged on the door. I sighed with relief and turned around.

"Oh my gosh!" I dropped to my knees in the room full of ammo, water, and canned foods. "Look at all this!"

"The person who lived here must have been one of those people who new the world was going to end and prepared themselves." Mom looked at our jackpot. "Gather all you can fit in your bag!"

"Hey!" I little voice yelled and we whipped around. A little boy stood at the end on a small hallway. "Can you play with me?" He came up to us and showed us his Spider-Man, Hulk, and ironman action figures. "I haven't had anyone to play with in a long time."

"How long is a long time?" Mom asked and knelt down in front of him.

"I don't know, but I know it has felt like forever. My parents left on day to get some clothes and told me to stay here because of the crazy people out there. They never came back," the little boy asked.

"How old are you?" I asked.

He held up three fingers. "How old are you?"

"I'm nine," I said proudly. "This is my mom Maggie."

There was a loud bang on the door and we all jumped. It startled me, so I hugged mom waist tight.

"What was that?!" The little boy asked and backed against the wall.

"You know those 'crazy' people you talked about a second ago?" Mom asked and he nodded. "You must stay away from them. They will bite you and kill you honey."

"Ok. Does that mean my mommy and daddy were killed by them?" He asked.

"Not exactly, maybe they lived. What's your name?" I asked.

"Landon!" He said happily.

"I'm Emerson, or Emmie for short," I told him.

The walkers pounding in the door continued as I played with Landon for the next hour.

A/N
I'm sooooo sorry I didn't update yesterday but I am SUPER busy. I might have to start updating every other day.....please don't hate me. Would you all hate me if I did that????