Chapter 74

It was decided that we would have a funeral for Addie the next day. Father Gabriel gave us his condolences and said he would gladly organize everything. Her body was taken to the place have church and we started for home.

About halfway there, I heard soft sniffles come from next to me. I turned to see Emmie trying not to cry. I gently picked picked her up and she hid her face in my neck.

"It's okay to cry," I whispered and rubbed her back.

When we approached the house, she wiped her eyes and I set her down. My hand wrapped around the cold medal doorknob and I hesitated before opening it. The door creaked as it slowly opened.

"Dada!" I heard and looked up. Before I knew it, Harper was hugging my legs. "Where you go?" She asked.

"It doesn't matter now 'cause I'm home now," I said and she reached up at me. I caught on to what she wanted and picked her up. Maggie leaned over and lightly kissed Harper, me doing the same.

Suddenly, Michael jumped out behind a wall, holding a knife up.

"Oh thank god!" He said. "I thought you were the people that kidnapped Addie." I felt the wave of emotion all over again just from him saying that.

He came over and gave everyone hugs. "What's wrong?" He asked.

We sat down in the living room. "Addie wasn't kidnapped. Well she was, but not here," I started.

"What do you mean?" Michael had a hint of worry in his voice.

"She came after the group that went to look for me and Daryl. She got lost in the woods, and the same guys that took me, kidnapped her." I tried to avoid eyes contact with everyone.

"Where is she?"

I hesitated. I looked to Michael, then down at Harper who was in my lap, and then to Maggie. Maggie nodded, her lip trembling slightly.

"She's........gone." I clenched my hands into fists and dug my nails into my palms. "Those men who had us killed her." My voice cracked ever so slightly when I said the word 'killed'.

"Gone?" Michael asked.

I nodded and saw tears form in his eyes.

I don't think Harper fully understood what was going on. She wasn't crying, wasn't asking questions, she simply leaned on my chest and sighed.

||A/N||
Sorry for the short chapter! But StaurenIsPerf, the part you requested a few chapter back is coming soon! I didn't forget!