Chapter 85

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw movement on the couch next to me. I lifted my head from Dylan's shoulder and looked over at mom who was shifting in her position.

"Mommy?" I asked as she opened her eyes. It took her a minute to take in the scene around her before she sat up. Daddy rushed to her side.

"Where am I? What happened? Who are you people?" She asked.

My mouth dropped open in shock. No, this couldn't be happening!

"Mommy? Do you remember me?" My lip trembled and I clutched the pillow in my lap, scared to hear the answer.

"I-I don't know. Who am I?"' She stuttered.

"Your names Maggie Greene, you're twenty four years old and.........." Daddy stopped and hesitated. "I'm your husband and you're my wife."

"Am married?!" She sounded shocked. "How come I can't remember? Why can't I remember anything?!"

"You fell off the wall outside, took a ten foot drop, hit your head pretty hard," Rick said. "You don't recognize any of us?"

"No." She looked at every single person in the room.

Something inside me snapped and I freaked out. "Mommy, you gotta remember! Please you gotta, you just got to!" I yelled and I grabbed her shoulders, shaking them as I spoke. "Please! Remember me, Dylan, Michael, Harper, Mia, Addie, Henry, and daddy?! What about the prison, the church, Washington!" She looked scared as I screamed in her face. Everyone was yelling at me to stop but I didn't. I felt Dylan's strong grip start to pull me back.

"I-I-I'm sorry. I just don't remember," mom said.

"REMEMBER! PLEASE I NEED YOU MOMMY!" I lost my grip on her shoulder and Dylan pulled me up, his arms wrapped around my shoulder.

"Emerson stop! You're scaring everyone!" Daddy said. I looked around to see shocked faces, their eyes glued to me. Harper was crying into daddy's shoulder.

My brother pulled me down the hallway and I lost it again. Tears poured out of my eyes. "NO!NOOO! PLEASE NO!" I screamed and Dylan sat me down on a bed. "She doesn't remember anything!" I cried and rubbed my eyes like babies do when they're tired.

"I know Em," he said and wrapped me in his arms.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked.

"I have no clue."