Chapter 26

After Eugene saved us with the water hose on the fire truck, we decided to camp out for the night. Maggie held Scout on her lap as she stroked her hair.

"Scout, why were you tied up in the closet back there?" I asked her. She looked up at me and her eyes watered.

"Well, I was with my family, and my parents were eaten by those things, so I stayed with my big brother and sister. We got separated and these guys found me. They hit me and punched me and cut me while telling me I was worthless. When I heard of walkers came the ought they decided to leave me it die and tied me up in that closet." She tried to hold in her tears but failed. "I want Shawn, I want Scarlett."

I saw Maggie flinch at the should of her brothers name. I rubbed her shoulder remembering the day Maggie's brother walked out of the barn.

"Are they your brother and sister?" I asked and she nodded.

Maggie excused herself from the group and walked off. I put Scout to bed and quickly went off to see what she was doing.

"Maggie?" I whispered, trying not to attract walkers. I then heard crying. I went closer to the cries and saw Maggie leaning against a tree with tears streaking her face.

I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and rocked her back and forth. She turned and cried into my chest. A few minutes later, she stopped.

"They're gone. All of our family." She looked up at me with bloodshot eyes.

"We don't know that. Stop saying that." I kissed her forehead.

"Beth, my dad, Shawn, Jimmy, Emmie, Harper, everyone," she whimpered.

"They may not be with us right now, but they are out there somewhere," I said.

I pulled the back of her head to mine as our lips collided. "We should get back."

I grabbed her hand and kissed is as we walked back to camp.

~~~~~

The next morning was chaotic and upsetting. We continued our way to Washington but there was a huge heard of walkers. I got in a fight with Abraham and Eugene yelled out that he doesn't know how to stop it. We were all speechless since then. Eugene was knocked out clod as we dragged his body into the fire truck.

"We should go back to the church. There is nothing left for us here," I said. I pulled on my jacket because it is starting to get really cold out.

"He's right. We need to get back to Rick," Tara chimed in.

Abraham nodded and climbed into the fire truck. I went over to maggie who was knelt down in front of Scout. She helped Scout put on a jacket that was for her size. "Now you gotta keep this on or else younger get sick from the cold," Maggie.

"Okay," she said. She reached up for someone to pick her up. I pulled her onto my shoulders and headed to the fire truck. Right now, Scout only trusted me, Maggie, and Tara

/////Authors note/////
Sorry for the short and boring chapter. Hope you still like it tho.