Chapter 38

I slowly turned around to reveal my older sister Alice across the street. My mouth dropped open in shock and I was engulfed in a hug before I could process she was here.

"Oh my god!" She cried.

I then hugged her back as tight as I could. I noticed that even though I was a year younger, she was an inch or two shorter.

"I thought I would never see you or Becca again!" She pulled away. "Where's Becca? Is she with you?"

I sighed and looked at the ground. "She was, but we lost her not to long ago."

Alice started to cry and fell to the ground. I dropped down next to her and hugged her again.

"She wanted to go," I whispered and she nodded.

She pulled herself together a few minutes later and Maggie came over with Harper. "Alice, this is Maggie, my wife, and our daughter Harper. And You remember-" I was cut off.

"Aunt Alice!" Emmie screamed and jumped into Alice's arms.

"Hey Em!" She said. "I'm Glenn's older brother Alice."

"Maggie." Maggie shook her hand and they smiled. "This is Harper." She bounced Harper on her hip.

"Oh my gosh she is so cute!" Alice said and tickled her feet.

"Thank you!" Maggie said.

"Where's Henry?" Alice asked. Nobody said anything. "I'm so sorry." She changed the subject. "Where are you guys going to stay?"

"I'm not staying. The kids are."

"What?! Why not?" Alice asked.

"Tom said that there isn't enough room for everyone," I replied.

"Tom!" Alice yelled and he came over. "What do you mean they can't stay?!"

"I'm sorry Alice. There isn't enough room for everyone," Tom said.

"Then we'll make room! Glenn and his family can share a house with Joshua and I. That leaves four houses for the rest."

"I guess that could work," Tom gave in.

I headed to one of the cars to unpack our stuff when I heard a gunshot. The next thing I knew was that there was a pain in my chest and everything went black as I fell to the ground.

/////Authors note/////
Hey guys! I started a new story called Greene's and Grimes and it is about a girl who is Maggie's and Beth's younger sister and she starts to like Carl. Please read it!