➽ 𝐎𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐰𝐚 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐮 𝐈𝐈

𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐬. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝. ¹

"Can you stop sulking already, shittykawa?!" Iwaizumi muttered out as he punched the setter on the back of his head, how a full year had passed and they were currently three months in for their third-year at Aoba Johsai High.

"Mou! You are being mean, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa pointed out and Iwaizumi let out a sigh then as they were walking towards the gymnasium and Iwaizumi had an irk mark on his forehead then as he realized how crowded the place was.

"You and your fangirls... Get them out of here already!" Iwaizumi snapped and Oikawa blinked his eyes a few times, forcing a smile to appear on his face as he went to entertain his fangirls. Often he would be asked to go on dates with them which he declined, stating that he had volleyball practice.

And they would come and watch.

"What's up with him?" Hanamaki asked and Iwaizumi let out a sigh then, shaking his head as he sat down on the bench to wear his shoes properly.

"He is missing his girlfriend, obviously," Matsukawa pointed out and the third-years could only hum in response then as they looked at Oikawa, who looked rather exhausted just by entertaining his fangirls then.

Iwaizumi then let out a sigh when he heard his phone ringing, where he dug it out from his bag and took a look at who was calling him. His eyes widened then as he realized who it was, and he soon walked towards the other side of the gymnasium to answer the call.

"Where's Iwa-chan?" Oikawa asked, feeling exhausted after trying to get his fangirls to leave him alone, which they didn't as they were now seen sitting around the gymnasium on the second where they would always be, ready to cheer Oikawa on.

"There," Hanamaki pointed out and the third-years along with the second-years who had just arrived watched as Oikawa ran up to Iwaizumi, ready to annoy him once more. Only for Oikawa to wonder then why Iwaizumi was laughing away.

He watched as his best friend noticed his presence and quickly turned to walk away, causing the captain to wonder what was going on then. His lips pressed into a thin line as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Iwa-chan!" he called out.

"Got to go," Iwaizumi whispered out as he quickly got off the phone and took off running away from Oikawa who started to chase him around the gymnasium.

"Iwa-chan~ Who were you talking to?" Oikawa asked and Iwaizumi easily grabbed hold of a volleyball and hurled it at him, causing the ball to bounce right off his head and Oikawa yelped in pain then.

"Get lost already, crappykawa!" he snapped and Oikawa had on a slight pout then although it was normal for Iwaizumi to act like this around him.

But somehow, his mind could only drift to his girlfriend who wouldn't be returning anytime soon. How he wishes he could graduate and quickly achieve what he wants so that their distance between one another wouldn't be so great.

How he would often miss her gentle touches when she soothes those bumps that Iwaizumi had caused him to have due to being punched or having a volleyball hurled at him.

"Let's get training started," the coach called out and the team started to prepare their warm-ups then. Iwaizumi took a good look at Oikawa, noticing the sad expression on his face.

But then he had to tell himself not to feel bad for the captain, and what he did was the right thing. The fangirls were busy speaking about how Oikawa was handsome and that they were going to support him throughout.

But Oikawa didn't need their support now. All he wanted was to have his girlfriend by his side. When second-year started for Oikawa back then, nobody spoke about [name] moving away.

Most of them brushed it under the carpet of [name] had broken up with Oikawa and that she decided to move away. Thus, he was now rumoured to be single instead.

But the current third-years knew all too well that Oikawa and [name] were still together, and were going strong. Sure they had their fair share of arguments due to their distance.

But they continued to be there for one another, giving each other encouragement when one feels down. It didn't matter how many times they argued, they still went back to one another.

And the third-years would often have a hard time trying to calm Oikawa down whenever he argued with [name]. Where he would cry to them about how she was going to leave him for good.

Only for her to end up sending pictures of what she had done in the city where her father worked at, and she would often tell him how certain things reminded her of him.

And Oikawa would end up ignoring his friends just to read what [name] had sent, causing them to get utterly annoyed at the way he acted. Which then Iwaizumi would hurl a pillow right at his face.

And a pillow fight would start amongst the third-years.

"Oikawa! You are pushing yourself too much!" Iwaizumi yelled out as Oikawa soon fell onto his bad knee once more. He hissed in pain and stood up, trying to brush away the pain then.

Whispers were heard, but Oikawa didn't pay attention at all. How his mind wasn't focused solely on the practice match they were having amongst the team.

And the third-years noticed his actions. The coaches could only shake their heads in response at the way Oikawa acted. There were times where he would be all moody as he thought of [name].

Which resulted in him sitting at the corner drawing circles, how he wishes he could summon [name] right into the gymnasium. And that got Hanamaki and Matsukawa to play a prank on him.

Telling him that he indeed could summon [name] back if he followed the directions carefully. And poor Oikawa Toru who just wanted his girlfriend in his arms ran around the gymnasium with his underwear out of his pants.

And that alone, nearly got him kicked out of the volleyball team if Iwaizumi hadn't arrived in time and scolded the other third-years for pranking Oikawa like that.

And Oikawa realized how nothing was going to bring [name] closer to him, which made him end up getting distracted throughout the year, where his grades were at stake as well.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐎𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐰𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 [𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞] 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭. ²

----------

➸ 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...

1. Day and night he continues to miss her presence. How the video calls, phone calls and text messages didn't satisfy his need of having her in his arms. How he wish that she would appear right before him in flesh and blood.

2. The longer they were away from one another, the more Oikawa continues to lose bits of his sanity then. How he could only hope for the day where [name] returns to his side, no longer far apart.