➹ 𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐊𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚

𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐊𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐲𝐚 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫(𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞)
𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲: LeeDono
𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

----------

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"

he heard a voice, gentle and kind as ever. He looked up from his bleeding knees, did his plum coloured eyes widened at who was before him. He recognised her to be someone from the Butterfly Estate, noticing how she was carrying a small basket with her.

She was out and about, picking herbs after herbs for the Insect Hashira. Only for her to hear someone sniffling then, did she tensed up. Given how the place was one that would always remain silent except for the sound the insects make.

Her eyes then widened slightly when she realized who she was speaking to. Yet, it soon fixed upon how badly his knees were bleeding did she got on her knees as well, bringing out some cloths she would often carry about to wipe her hands with, and soon tied them around his knees.

"Kiriya-sama, why are you out late at night?" she asked and watched as Kiriya remained silent then. Her pink-tinted lips curled up into a soft smile as she reached forward, using another cloth did she wipe away the tears that ran down his face.

"Let's get you home," she spoke out, for someone who was just a young girl, she was rather concerned in regards to someone else's well-being. Often would Aoi scold her for not taking care of herself well since her body was still young.

She may be slightly older than Naho and the others, but that doesn't mean she was well enough to be making huge decisions that involve her health. She easily helped him up, since he wasn't being reluctant and she watched as he winced slightly due to the pain that rose from the pressure he applied on his knees when he straightened them.

"Be careful," she spoke out and Kiriya nodded his head as they slowly made their way down the hill, where [name]'s arm was wrapped around his waist and his arm was over her shoulders, with her supporting him did they managed to reach the bottom of the hill with the occasional slips and slight screaming from the both of them.

Which ended up with them laughing at each other as they now walked on the even ground. She continued to support him, nevertheless, until she started to speak which startled him with the question she had asked.

"𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭? 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐛𝐮𝐲𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐢 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲?"

was what she had asked and she turned to look at him. Noticing how he had lowered his head instead, which she could only smile at. Her hand that was resting against his side squeezed his side gently, gaining his attention.

"Kiriya-sama, to be given such a huge responsibility at our age, we would often think that it is unfair and how God is torturing us. But if we look far ahead then, would we realise that we are given these responsibilities for a reason," she added on and Kiriya slowly nodded his head.

"Ah, let me bring you to the Butterfly Estate first to clean your wounds up," she spoke out with a gentle smile and Kiriya's eyes widened slightly as he nodded his head, a faint blush seen on his face that went unnoticed by her.

Shinobu's eyes widened the moment she noticed how [name] had escorted Kiriya to the Butterfly Estate, and soon realized the wounds on the young master's knees, did she quickly get Aoi to help out as [name] escorted Kiriya into one of the rooms that were vacant.

She was about to turn to leave, only to have him reaching out as he grabbed hold of her hand, tugging her back did she turn to look at him and noticed how he was wishing for her to stay by his side.

No words were needed as she nodded her head and sat down on the chair, whereas Shinobu and Aoi soon entered the room and they noticed how Kiriya was holding onto her hand tightly, allowing them to quickly attend to his bleeding wounds.

"Good job, [name]. For trying to stop the bleeding," Shinobu spoke out and turned to look, only to notice how [name] was speaking to Kiriya about various things, trying to get his mind off the pain he was feeling as Shinobu and Aoi applied pressure to his wounds.

"Oh, and then often I would go up the hill to collect herbs for Shinobu-sama!" [name] spoke out with a wide smile and Kiriya couldn't help but smile at the way she was smiling. He could feel his heart racing then as his cheeks were dusted in pink.

"Which reminds me, why were you at the hill, Kiriya-sama?" she asked, and Shinobu motioned towards Aoi as if telling her that they should leave Kiriya alone with [name] since she figured the young Ubuyashiki wouldn't want to speak what's on his mind when there are older ones around.

"I just wanted to feel a slight freedom," he whispered out after Shinobu had slid the door shut. [name] then blinked her eyes a few times as her lips curled up into a smile then, reaching out as she placed her small hand onto his head and ruffled it.

"If it makes you feel better, Kiriya-sama, if you don't mind, you could join me on the herb hunting I do every week," she spoke out and watched as Kiriya's eyes lit up at the gentle smile on her face once more.

"O-Okay," he whispered out, unsure of what he was doing the right choice. But with [name]'s smile being so gentle and how she would assure him with just those simple gestures, he knew he wasn't going to make a mistake.

His plum eyes continued to remain on her as she rummaged through the drawer, and soon brought out a book that was given to the Butterfly Estate by Oyakata-sama, and she started to read to him, which he was rather surprised at.

But all in all, he was thankful as well.

Her eyes widened when she heard footsteps, only to have her lips curled up into a smile as she realized who had found her. Her pink-tinted lips remained curled up then as she watched him walking over to where she stood.

Pulling her back away from the edge, did he let out a sigh.

"Years have passed ever since the death of Kibutsuji Muzan, and here you are still going on a hike without me," he spoke out in a gentle voice and she could only laugh softly then, shaking her head as he turned her to look at him.

His lips curled up into a smile then as he spoke of what's on his mind and heart.

"𝐈 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝. 𝐈𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲,"

he whispered out and her eyes widened then.

"So, would you..." he whispered out, only to watch as she nodded her head vigorously. Without another delay did he reach over and pulled her into a tight hug.

No words were needed, for their hearts united as one.

----------

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝