➹ 𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐤𝐮 𝐊𝐲𝐨𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐨

𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐤𝐮 𝐊𝐲𝐨𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐨 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫(𝐅𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞)
𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐲: -ASTRAVITY

----------

She wasn't sure when she started being self-conscious about her hands, but if she had to pinpoint a time, it would be when she noticed she had tons of scars on them

It was obvious to everybody, especially to her, that the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro, had immense feelings for her. Day and night without fail, he would always greet her a good morning or good night.

But what he noticed was how she often hides her hands away. She ensures nobody tries to touch them, and he would notice how hard she tries her best to keep them hidden. He remembered that her uniform used to be sleeveless.

But after one day, he noticed how the sleeves of her uniforms were long, similar to that of Muichiro so that it would hide her hands as well. Often they would go on missions, but whenever he tried to reach out to her hand, she would flinch and pull away.

And that doesn't excuse this very mission they were going on as well.

He looked at her, from the corner of his golden eyes, how she remained seated next to him. Her hands held tightly together with the sleeves covering them and he could only have the wish to hold hands with her, even if it was just for a second.

He watched as her head bobbed up and down, side to side as well due to how she was asleep next to him as they sat in the carriage where they would be on their way to their destination where demons have been sighted.

He reached out, carefully placing his warm hand onto her head, pushing it down onto his shoulder so that she wouldn't strain her neck. His golden eyes remained on her hands then as he placed his warm hand on the top of it.

Where she soon woke up with a start as she flinched, pulling her hands away as she shifted, sitting on the other side of the carriage instead. Her eyes looked at Kyojuro, who blinked his golden eyes in response, unsure of what to say.

"A-Ah, gomen, Rengoku-san," she whispered out and Kyojuro could only smile gently at her reaction as he motioned for her to come closer. She hesitantly shifted back to her original position then and quickly pulled her sleeves down as she held her hands tightly together.

She could only frown as she felt the scars on her hands then, yet, Kyojuro continued to look at her with a gentle smile on his face.

"Why are you afraid of people seeing or touching your hands?" he asked, and watched as [name] shook her head in response then, deciding not to answer and Kyojuro could only smile.

Deciding not to probe further.

.
.

"This must be the place," [name] whispered out as she looked at the map which she was holding with her sleeves. Kyojuro then peeked over her shoulders, and he couldn't help but want to pull her into a hug as her scent invaded his senses, but he had to restrain himself from doing so.