➳ 𝟎𝟎𝟑. 𝐈𝐕

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭,"

Akaashi spoke out as he walked down the hallway together with his childhood best friend, [name]. He turned to look at her as she was constantly looking at her phone as if she was waiting for something to happen.

Or rather, waiting for someone to text her instead.

"Huh? I-I'm not," she mumbled out, but at the back of her mind, she seems to be constantly thinking about Haizaki instead. Her nose scrunched up as she looked at her screen once more, and soon let out a sigh instead.

"Should I text him?" she asked, and Akaashi raised an eyebrow.

"Why not? Did you do anything to make him upset?" he asked, and [name] was rather thankful that her best friend was rather supportive in her having a crush on Haizaki. He could tell almost immediately during the training camp and have been trying to find ways to urge her to spend more time with the middle blocker from Nekoma High.

"Oh, I don't want to seem too needy?" she mumbled out in a question form instead as she looked at her best friend who shook his head as he placed his hand on her head, ruffling her locks gently.

"Trust me, you are not. Try calling him then," Akaashi spoke out, yet, [name] didn't know what was going on as Akaashi has somewhat a full detail about what was going to happen. She then shook her head as she was about to keep her phone, only to have Akaashi taking it from her.

"Akaaaaaaaaaaashi!" Bokuto's voice was heard and Akaashi turned to look at Bokuto and handed him [name]'s phone, while his other hand continued to remain on [name]'s head as he continued to ruffle her locks.

"Oh? Hey! Hey! Hey!" Bokuto called out as he automatically dialled someone's number and [name]'s eyes widened as she had managed to catch a slight glimpse of her phone screen and she started to panic.

"H-Hey! S-Stop! Don't!" she called out, only to hear someone's phone ringing closeby. And how there were whispers and some squeals as well. [name] turned to look, with Akaashi's arm over her shoulder this time as he looked as well.

"Ahhhh, it's Akane-san from Nekoma High!" one of the students called out as she ran up to him, and Haizaki had on a rather embarrassed look as he lowered his head and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Akane-san! Are you here to play with Bokuto-san again? Can we watch?" another asked, and Haizaki could only chuckle then. He shifted his gaze as his dark blue ocean eyes then laid upon [name], and his eyes lit up with his lips curled up into a smile.

"[name]!" he called out, and [name] quickly shifted and buried her face against Akaashi's shoulder, causing Haizaki to frown at her action and Akaashi could only stare at him then. Whereas Haizaki somehow, was starting to get pretty annoyed with what was going on.

"Akane-san, I made extra food, do have some!" another called out and [name] peeked out from behind Akaashi and she let out a soft sigh. Her nose scrunching up as she looked at him being swarmed by nothing but his fans that she assumed.

"Keiji, can we go?" she mumbled out and Akaashi was rather surprised with the way she was acting. He nodded his head as he guided her away, not realizing how Haizaki had a slight irk mark on his forehead then.

"Akaaaaaaaane! Let's go play! Did Kuroo come with you?" Bokuto spoke out as he managed to somehow 'save' Haizaki from the swarm of fans that were surrounding him and had already started to walk with the middle blocker from Nekoma High.

"No, I snuck out from training to come and play with you," Haizaki spoke out as they somehow walked past [name] and Akaashi, which [name] could only look at her phone screen then. Somehow her hands were trembling, and Akaashi noticed it.

"We need to head to practice," he spoke out, and [name] hesitantly nodded her head in response. She let out a sigh, realizing she had to fulfil her manager duties as she started to jog down the hallway, right past Haizaki as she needed to meet up with the other managers as well.

"Hey, hey, hey. The real reason why you are here is because of her, right?" Bokuto asked, wiggling his eyebrows in a suggestive manner and Haizaki could only let out a sigh as he shoved the ace of Fukurodani's volleyball team to the side.

"Shut up," he muttered out with his face flushed red, including the tip of his ears as well.

[name] was staring into space as she carried the basket filled with water bottles that she had to refill and bring to the gymnasium. Her lips were pressed into a fine thin line then as she continued to walk down the path.

Not realizing she was reaching the end of it, and it was a step down to reach the ground from the platform she was on. She let out a sigh, trying to forget about what she had seen today earlier on with Haizaki appearing at her school.

She never knew he was that popular around her school. Sure she had heard of a few female classmates of hers speaking about him, given how he was known to be a great middle blocker coming from Nekoma High, second to Kuroo.

And he was also known for his looks as well, which wasn't surprising. But what caught her off guard was how he was so popular amongst so many people. It made her feel that he was out of her league.

And somehow, she should stop.

She ignored the vibrations coming from the basket as she had placed her phone inside. She tried to shake the thoughts of Haizaki out of her mind, only for her eyes to widen as she missed the step and she tripped forward.

Yet, a muscular arm was wrapped around her waist as the basket dropped onto the ground. The water bottles were spilling out, and how her phone managed to stay safely in the basket. She blinked her eyes a few times, realizing someone had caught her just in time.

She was then pulled up and set onto her feet, where she turned to look and her eyes widened as she noticed how a concerned-looking Haizaki was the one who had saved her. He let out a sigh as he lets go of her, and soon she turned, walking backwards as he walked forward to her.

Her back soon reached the wall as he placed his arm above her head and against the wall, where he rested his forehead against his arm. His free hand raised up as he placed a finger against her forehead then.

"Baka, watch where you are going... What if you get hurt?" he whispered out, and [name]'s cheeks could only flush red then at what he had said and how close they were. She swallowed the lump in her throat as he smiled at her reaction.

"I'll help you out since I'm here," he spoke out, and she hesitantly nodded her head. And the duo slowly walked back to the mess that was created as they started to pick the water bottles up.

Yet, [name]'s heart wouldn't stop pounding hard against her chest.

"B-But, why are you here?" she asked in a soft voice, and he picked up the basket once it was filled with the water bottles and turned to look at her, tilting his head to the side.

"You don't know? I often drop by to play with Bokuto," he spoke out, and [name] somehow felt a stab in the heart as she slowly nodded her head. Which he frowned as he shifted the basket to one arm instead, and placed his free hand on the top of her head.

"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐨,"

----------

➸ 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐞𝐝...