➽ 𝐎𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐰𝐚 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐮 𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐀𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲

𝐀𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐲. ¹

That's what Iwaizumi knew of Oikawa, how his best friend was lonely without his girlfriend. Day and night he would see him look at his phone eagerly, hoping to receive some sort of a message from [name].

There were times where his lips would curl up into a smile, but there were times where frowns were seen instead. Iwaizumi let out a sigh as Oikawa's fangirls were cheering on him once more as they were about to finish their training for the first half.

How he wishes they would just leave and not disrupt their training. How he watched as his best friend would have to put on a fake smile for his fangirls for them to not worry. He looked towards the setter who was barely keeping it together.

And then he looked up to the second floor, where the fangirls were. Scanning them and soon his eyes laid upon someone. His lips curled up into a smile as he held his hand out as if telling the coach to not blow the whistle yet for the game to continue.

And then Oikawa's eyes could only widen.

"Toru!"

He looked around, trying to find the source of the voice and his eyes laid upon her. How his lips quivered then as he looked at her, waving at him from the second floor. His fangirls were all mumbling then about who she was.

And how dare she called him by his given name.

"Who is that?" Kindaichi asked, wondering who that was as he walked over to where the third-years were, trying to comfort the now crying Oikawa. They heard running footsteps, and soon they looked up to the second floor, watching as she ran through the all too familiar gymnasium.

And eventually entered it once again as she ran up to Oikawa, who couldn't help but run up to her, pulling her into a tight hug. Lifting her with ease did she wrap her legs around his waist where he twirled around with her.

"Her?" Hanamaki asked, and the second along with the first-years nodded their heads in response.

"She, is the girlfriend of our captain," Matsukawa spoke out and their eyes widened at the information that was being processed in their mind as they turned to look, watching as Oikawa and [name] shared a kiss.

Right in front of his fangirls.

"You are back! You are back! I missed you so much, [name]-chan!" he cried out and [name] could only laugh as he continued to carry her while her legs were still wrapped around his waist. Where she reached out and wiped away the tears from his face.

"I take my eyes off of you for a year, and you gain so many vengeful fangirls," [name] pointed out as she pointed to the second level where all his fangirls looked extremely angry at the fact that she was Oikawa's girlfriend.

"She isn't even that pretty!"

And Oikawa placed [name] down gently onto her two feet as the other third-years ran up to her to welcome her back and they started to introduce her to the first-years and second-years. He turned, with his eyes narrowing slightly at his fangirls who flinched upon the look he had on his face.

"Toru! Don't go off scaring your fangirls!" [name] called out as she wrapped her arms around his waist from the back and soon tilts her head to the side where he turned to look at her and smiled widely, ruffling her hair.

"Gomen, the one who says I'm not pretty, even if you are prettier than me, you still lack one thing," [name] called out and the third-years could only cover their mouths as they waited for [name] to finish her sentence.

"You don't have Oikawa Toru as your boyfriend, and that sucks," she spoke out and the third-years could only burst out laughing at how savage [name] had always been.

"Are you staying for good?" Oikawa asked and [name] nodded her head then as she hugged him tighter, and soon she turned to look at Iwaizumi, flashing him a thumbs-up.

"Hold on... Iwa-chan, you knew?!"

Many watched with envy as [name] was being piggybacked by Oikawa. How they were laughing about as if they were back in their first-years at Aoba Johsai. Many shot dirty looks at [name], given how they believed she wasn't good enough for Oikawa.

But she would often tell them off for looking down on her, and that they should realise that Oikawa had waited for her return.

"I can't believe it, you are here," Oikawa spoke out and [name] could only laugh as it was their daily conversation starter most of the time. How Oikawa often couldn't believe that [name] was back with him.

"You don't know how much I missed you," he added on, and [name] could only smile then.

"I do. You have been talking about it for a full week now, sweetheart," she spoke out and Oikawa had on a slight pout then as he walked down the stairs since the school was over for the day. The duo then remained silent in each other presence, feeling each other's warmth as their bodies touched.

"I missed you a whole lot," Oikawa whispered out and [name] hummed in response as she stretched out a little and soon planted a kiss on his cheek, where he turned. And soon their lips met instead. He dropped her with ease, where he turned his body and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

Their lips locked with one another as if they were afraid that one of them might disappear if they took a step back. And soon they heard a sigh, where the duo laughed as they looked. [name]'s face flushed red as this time it wasn't only the third-years who were present.

It was the entire volleyball team who were present.

"Could you quit smothering her with kisses already, Oikawa," Hanamaki spoke out as he pulled [name] back and soon slung his arm over her shoulder, something that he often does when they were in the same class for first-year.

"You are just jealous that [name]-chan his my girlfriend!" Oikawa spoke out and [name] could only laugh then at what was going on between him and Hanamaki, where Hanamaki took a step forward, removing his arm and [name] walked towards where Matsukawa and Iwaizumi were.

"Not gonna stop them?" Matsukawa asked.

"Nope. It's been a long time since I last saw this," she whispered out and she looked at Oikawa who continued to bicker with Hanamaki who was just playing a fool then, and soon they could only let out a sigh.

"[NAME]-CHAN IS MINE AND ONLY MINE, AND I WILL ASK FOR HER HAND IN MARRIAGE!" he yelled out and Hanamakii hummed in response and soon flashed a thumbs-up to Matsukawa, and his hand laid out.

"Pay up! I told ya he would say that!"

And [name] could only laugh at how confused Oikawa was and she ran up to him, hugging him tightly. He snapped out of his confused state as he wrapped his arms around [name]'s waist, and the duo started to walk away again.

"Is it true? That you will ask for my hand in marriage?" she asked, and Oikawa looked at her, smiling widely then despite the huge blush across his face.

"You are the only one I want to marry," he whispered out and soon planted a kiss on her lips once more where she could only smile against the kiss.

𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭. ²

----------

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝

1. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely.

2. In the end, the wait was worth it.