-ˋ 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY GET THEIR SCHEDULES

. . .

The Howell girl woke up the next morning with a clear mind for once, and when she sat up she realised why. She wasn't in her own dorm - or even a girls dorm at all. 

In all of the beds, there was a snoring boy. Even in the very bed that Tiger was sat in, which had James sleeping not so soundly beside her. His arm was latched onto her waist though, and seemed to be in a deep sleep. 

Pulling her wand off of the bedside table, Tiger summoned the alarm clock from next to where Remus lay, and peered at it, squinting slightly. 

"Half eight." She murmured. "Half a hour until nine - holy shit I need to get up. We need to get up I can't be late what if Leo is in my classes? Or Marlene?" 

"Why are you panicking?" Across the room from her, Sirius sat up with a yawn, hand subconciously sorting out his hair, which was as lucious as always. 

Wordlessly, Tiger turned around the clock and Sirius leant forward, narrowing his eyes and sitting up, trying to see. "Just let me take it." Sirius said, and Tiger sent it flying over. 

"We're going to be late. I can't be late - I'm late enough every other day of the year!" Tiger exclaimed. 

"Well then get up. Glad to see you're in a better mood." Sirius smiled, laying back down and pulling the covers over his head. Two seconds later and the covers were ripped off, and Sirius rolled his eyes, sitting up.

"You get the rest of them up and I'm going to get changed.. and hope Marlene isn't in there." Tiger said, before dashing off downstairs, crossing the common room and rushing up the stairs to her own room.

She changed quickly, putting on her usual blouse and skirt, pulling some fishnet tights on, tying her tie loosely around her neck and tugging her jumper over her head. "Shit." She swore, digging around her trunk trying to find her shoes. But whilst she couldn't find her converse or school shoes, the girl did find a pair of heeled combat boots.

They would have to do, and she tugged them on, doing up the laces quickly and doing her makeup, tugging a brush through her hair and brushing her teeth. Grabbing her bag, she made her way down the stairs as quickly as she could, and breathlessly, she leant against the back of a sofa. 

"You look nice." James commented, swinging down the stairs and wrapping his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. "Feeling better?"

"Good morning to you too." Tiger smiled, as Remus, Sirius and Peter appeared behind James, all looking tired and yawning. "I am, I think. Until I see Luke or Leo.." 

"You'll be fine. You have all of us." Sirius smirked, appearing beside James's side as they made their way out of of the common room. "I can fight if you need me to." 

"Pads.. Leo has got a good few inches on you." Tiger said, letting James take her hand as they walked down onto one of the moving staircases. "Rem or James on the other hand.. sorry Peter."

"It's alright." Peter shrugged, but whilst he took it fine, Sirius did not. The conversation continued until they reached the Great Hall, Sirius being rather offended by it all. 

"You know Sirius, you could totally take on him. I have full faith in you." Tiger's words were dripping in sarcasm and Sirius returned it by sticking his tongue out. 

"Your schedules." A voice said as the five of them sat down in the nearest empty space at the Gryffindor table. It was Lily, her headgirl badge glinting on her chest. 

"Thanks." Tiger took the peice of parchment from Lily, a smile on her face. The corners of the ginger girl's lips turned up slightly, before handing out the other schedules and disappearing. 

"God is it always going to be like this now?" Tiger sighed, filling her plate with food, although she only had five minutes to eat it all. "I'm not ready to talk to Marlene or Leo again or anything, not for a while."

"And you don't have to." Remus said froom across the table. "Sometimes you forget that nobody is entitled for you to talk to them about anything. You only have to until you want to or it's necessary or something."

"Sometimes I forget you're smart and then you come out with stuff like that." Tiger said, taking a bite of her toast and covering her mouth as she laughed at Remus's face, trying not to spray crumbs everywhere. "But thanks." She swallowed. 

"You'll be fine." James said. "Now, I've got alchemy first and I'm guessing you do too? Let's hope that Leo isn't good at potions." 

"Oh he wasn't." Tiger reassured him, standing up as the bell rang signalling the start of the day, taking another slice of toast as they walked out of the Great Hall. 

Luckily not late for the start of their final year.

a/n
promoting my remus
fic, captain hook, here bc
i love the plot <33