˗ˋ 10

CHAPTER TEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE WAKES UP IN A UNFAMILIAR PLACE

. . .

For once, Tiger woke up without her mind being plagued by darkness. It was the best she had slept since she had left Ilvermorny. And this first thing her strangely clear mind of, was what conditions was she in that let her sleep so well.

What she noticed almost immediatley, was she didn't recognise the ceiling above her. It wasn't the canopy of scarlett material which covered her bed, or the ceiling of either her room or the attic which she slept in whilst at Remus's.

"Hm?" Confused, Tiger sat up, and the almost bright - but somewhat dusty - scarlett and gold themed room instantly told her where she was. There was nowhere else, that was this intensely coloured, yet so comfortable and homey.

Looking around, Tiger first noted that she was covered in a blanket and was on the same sofa which she fell asleep on. It was dark outside, and the old grandfather clock in the corner proved her thought that it was maybe early morning - it was nearing 3 am.

Her gaze drifted over to the only light source in the room, and in the process, saw another blanket. The blanket covered a rather large lump, and at one end, poked out half of the person's leg.

Out of one end of the blanket was a mop of messy brown hair. The person's face was hidden by the blanket, and the fact that the person seemed way too tall to be curled up in the armchair indicated it was either two people - granted it wasn't a complete stranger who had decided to stay with her down in the common room.

And so, Tiger assumed that it was either Remus or James. Which one of the two, she wasn't sure - both would stay down there with her. But when she looked down at the coffee table in front of them, there was the circular, wire-framed glasses which was every bit a part of James Potter's persona as his jokes and hair was.

Which meant, that James Potter, a boy who had only met her a month before, and ever since then tried his hardest to make her comfortable and happy. If she was honest, Tiger had been thinking that there was more possibility that Remus would be the one who had stayed with her - he was her cousin after all.

Tiger had gotten more sleep between falling asleep on the three girls up until then, and filled with an amount of energy that she couldn't remember having for a long time before, she didn't feel the need to go back to sleep.

But she didn't know what time James had gone to sleep. So she would wait for him to wake up - or that was her plan before she realised just how uncomfortable it would be for him to sleep on that chair in that position - and his back must be killing him, or at least most certainly would be when he woke up.

So, with the silence of a butterfly landing on a nettle, Tiger discarded the blanket which had been placed over her sleeping body, and tiptoed over to the armchair.

Turning around, she quickly grabbed James's glasses (which he would certain need when he woke up, seeing as he was pretty much blind), and crouched by the armchair.

"James." She murmured, gently shaking him. Upon him waking up, she didn't want to scare him, and continued to shake him and say his name until he did.