-ˋ 63

CHAPTER SIXTY THREE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SECRETS COME OUT OF CLOSETS

. . .

"So.. Tiger." Sirius said - rather suddenly, breaking the silence that had fallen as the group opf four stared at each other, not entirely sure what to say to each other. "You didn't go too far?"

"Only to Dumbledore's office." Tiger replied, her voice a murmur as she looked between her cousin and best friend. "Not too far. Neither did either of you, by the looks of things."

James smirked slightly, and the corners of both Sirius and Remus's mouths curved upwards, despite them all still remaining silent, just staring at each other, trying to figure out what to say. 

"So was it as good as you wanted it to be?" Tiger ended up asking, looking over at Sirius, who only laughed. James, on the other hand, seemed to be looking at Remus in a slightly odd way. 

"Why were you kissing in a broom closet." He asked, eyes slightly narrowed as he asked it. The Lupin boy seemed rather taken aback by this, and both Tiger and Sirius stared at him. 

"Because... um.. thats how um the situation arose? I'm not sure how to answer this." Remus looked slightly flustered, and Tiger peered at the Potter boy, before realising what he was doing. 

"So how long has it been going on for?" James continued, asking various other questions on the matter, which seemed to get more and more pressing as time went on. 

Tiger soon got tired of her head bouncing back and forth from the two boys, and eventually stood between them, but was so short that she had to move James's head to look at her.

"I understand your protective brother mode is going into override right now but we really need to let everyone else know that they can stop looking for me." Tiger said, and James, frowning slightly, nodded. 

"Come on then." Tiger said, taking James's hand and pulling him away from his cousin. She stopped after taking a few paces, and James stopped, confused. "Um.. you two wait here, I think James might want to continue this.. get back to it? I don't know, have fun." Tiger quickly said to the other two boys, before pulling James along.

They began to descend to the lower levels of the school, and James was still quiet. "You did know this was going to happen eventually, right?" 

"Yeah.. but it was surprising to find them, I guess. I had a feeling Remus had some feelings for Sirius, but I didn't think I would find them making out in a broom closet so soon." James stared at the steps as they walked down them, carefully stepping into the hallway. 

"It was surprising - I get that. But does Remus really need to be interrogated? I know Sirius is your brother and everything but you've been best friends for years." Tiger continued, trying to pull James away from being too overprotective in the whole situation.

"Yeah.. but I still want to ask questions." James told her, and Tiger nodded, their hands swinging in between their bodies as they walked. 

They soon found Lily, Marlene, Peter and Lydia, who returned to the Common room and their dorms after they had reunited with Tiger, some, namedly not Peter, were happy to see her.

"Now, let's go talk to Remus and Sirius. And please don't be too protective." Tiger said, as they began to walk up all the stairs again.

"Merlin, isn't there a quicker way up." James could barely catch his breath as they reached the seventh floor. Tiger leant against him, clutching her chest. 

"Please.. please don't be too overprotective. Let them have their fun. Remus is my cousin, remember, he could easily have taken this stance against you as well." Tiger somehow managed to say. 

The pair half-staggered-half-walked down the hallway, and just down from them, Sirius and Remus were leant against the wall. Tiger slid down on the floor by a window, Sirius joining her.

"I'm literally dying." Tiger murmured to him, as James stood in front of Remus. 

"From this situation.. or all the walking? Because you don't look to good Twigs." Sirius replied, and the girl stiffled a laugh. "Ok, this is serious... and slightly weird."

"It's James - my partner? I don't know what to call him - against my cousin. And it's Remus, your..?" Tiger trailed off.

"Boyfriend." Sirius filled in, and Tiger gasped, a smile on her face. "It's been going on for around a month."

"You're kidding." Tiger exclaimed, and above them, Remus and James stared at them. "Continue." Tiger waved her hand at the two. "I'm so happy for you Padfoot." She smiled, and Sirius, unable to hide his smile, almost shook with happiness. 

"I think you're forgetting the fact that you and Tiger were doing the exact same thing a few weeks ago." Remus said, and a blush spread across Tiger's cheeks. 

"This is what I was saying, Prongsie." Tiger looked up at James, who seemed to be remembering it just as vividly as she was. 

"Fine." James said, and they were glad to see him smile. "But if you hurt him-" He began, and Remus nodded.

"You'll hang me upside down from a broomstick or something, I know. And I won't. Don't hurt Tiger either, please." Remus said, straightening his sweater vest.

"Oooh, do we all get a turn at this?" Tiger said, turning to Sirius. "Padfoot, don't hurt my cousin or else I'm cutting off your hair." 

Sirius gasped, looking between Tiger and Remus and James. "I'll cut holes in your fishnets if you hurt James." He said, and Tiger smiled, clambering to her feet. "I think we all need some sleep." 

"Yeah, you two are acting strange." James commented, Tiger smiling up at him and watching as he helped Sirius to his feet. 

"It's just the trauma. Me and Twigsie have a different sort of friendship." Sirus said, and Tiger looked back at him, nodding.

"But I am feeling a little faint. Maybe it was trying to walk up those stairs." Tiger stumbled slightly, and all three boys reached for her. "Yep I need sleep." She said. "But you know, this is great. No matter what Olivia does, I know I have you guys." 

And that was true, but after the slightly chaotic night that left Tiger on some form happiness high, they would not be prepared for the issue that would arise the next morning.

Because Olivia wasn't just stopping at her friends. No, she wanted everyone to hate Tiger Howell. And by everyone, she meant the entire school.

✧ 

a/n
idk if i like
this chapter
it went in a v different
direction than what i thought
it would so if this disappears
thats why but idk i hope
you liked it <3