˗ˋ 31

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH JAMES CONVINCES HER

. . .

The Howell girl had perked up a little bit by the time James had gotten ready for the Quidditch practise scheduled that evening. She had picked up a couple of things which she could work on whilst watching, having been able to quickly visit the abandoned classroom where her various supplies were stored.

Tiger had also managed to be able to quickly run down to the kitchens, retrieving two apples, one for her and one for James. It was mostly in order to keep her distracted whilst she waited, and not wallow in the same despair she had been feeling since the lesson.

"Is that for me?" James asked, appearing at the bottom of the staircase which led up to the boys dorms. He was dressed in the now familiar Quidditch uniform, his broom in his hands.

"I don't make a habit of eating two apples. Although maybe it would keep the doctor away for longer." Tiger replied, and whilst James looked confused, Lily, a few tables away from where Tiger was sat, laughed slightly.

"Here." Tiger threw the apple at James, the boy catching it perfectly. They had a brief conversation with their friends for just a few moments before leaving the common room, beginning their journey to the Quidditch pitch.

"With a throw like that, you could join me as a chaser." James joked, taking a bite out of his apple. "Which is why I brought this with me." He held up his broom, and this time, Tiger was the one confused.

"But that's your broom?" She asked, looking between the wooden stick and James, her brow crinkled.

"Correct. However, this is my old broom." James explained, throwing the apple around, catching it every time it was raised upwards, taking bites out of it every now and again. "I keep my actual broomstick with the rest of the Gryffindors', makes it easier when it comes to practise and matches."

"So why have you-" Tiger asked, then remembered his previous words, ones from just moments ago and others from a conversation so long ago Tiger was surprised she even remembered it. "No."

"Yes." James smirked slightly. "I will be helping you fly today. What a better time to do it. I figured you could maybe use a distraction - from todays lesson, that it."

Tiger had opened her mouth to protest after hearing the first sentence, but decided to close it, having no idea what to say. James would never do anything bad to her - everything he would do with her or for her always had good intentions.

Of course he wanted to distract her, of course he wanted to make her feel better. Because that was how James was towards her, constantly trying to make everything alright, and make sure she was fine.

This idea conflicted with the many tales she had been told of the Potter boy - that he was some sort of a massive jerk, his ego bigger than anyone else's in the whole school. An 'arrogant toerag'. A smile appeared on Tiger's face, remembering the nights when she would stay with Remus and they would stay up until early morning, the boy telling his cousin tales about this school she could only dream of going to.

"Sound good?" James asked, as they approached the pitch, entering through one of the gaps in the stands.

"Yeah.. Yes." Tiger said, confirming her words with a nod. "Thank you James, for everything. It would be a honour to recieve personal training from the Gryffindor Captain himself."