-ˋ46

CHAPTER FORTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH OLIVIA DANCES

. . .

"Little sensitive, aren't you?" The sickly sweet voice echoed down the empty corridor that Tiger had opted to take as she made her way to McGonagall's office, where they were no doubtedly, going to discuss her actions of the past day or so.

And those discussions would include the topic of Olivia, the very girl who had followed Tiger down the corridor, and was stood behind her.

"Little stalkerish, aren't you." Tiger replied, crossing her arms over her stomach. "First you transfer here of all places, and now you follow me down an empty corridor? Getting a little creepy, Olivia." 

"I can move schools if I want to. Anyways, it's not my fault I'm here, I'd rather been anywhere but here, honestly." Olivia rolled her eyes. "However, you don't own the place, so I can really be anywhere I want in this school."

"Oh-" Olivia said, cutting off Tiger before she even got to reply. "Your roommates are very nice by the way, lovely girls." She smiled, but not in a friendly way.

Tiger tried her hardest to not react. She had figured that Olivia would have been the fifth girl roommate, seeing as she visited the dorm and the empty bed looked like it had been slept it. 

"Shame you're such a bitch then. I'm really surprised you didn't get put in Slytherin." Tiger shrugged, turning around and beginning to walk away. "Oh, and I wouldn't touch any of my stuff. Or go near my bed. I've cast a specific spell that could end rather badly for you."

"Isn't that too advanced? Going off your grades at Ilvermorny, you really weren't that bright." Olivia sneered, and Tiger raised an eyebrow, looking far too confident for Olivia's liking. 

"Try it then. Sad though, that I won't be there to see you try it. Try not to drool over James too much, he really isn't a fan of that sort of... girl." Tiger shrugged, before continuing on, only to hear footsteps continue behind her. 

"Give it up Olivia, there are just some battles you'll loose." Tiger turned around, pointing her wand at Olivia. "Tarantallegra." She said, and instantly Olivia began dancing.

"Tiger." The girl said through gritted teeth. "I know far more about you than anyone in this school. I'm sure your precious James would love to hear all about Leo." 

"I'm so sure he would." Tiger shrugged, with an air of confidence. She saw Olivia falter slightly, not sure whether Tiger meant that James already knew, or something else. And Tiger knew that she had somewhat won, whatever this was. "Now if you excuse me, I have a meeting to attend."

Tiger left Olivia still dancing, her feet forming some sort of tap-dance routine. The past day or so had been stressful, and Tiger had considered many things. But the only thing that she could really bring herself to do was to just return to school.

She couldn't leave, escaping through the secret passage way that led to Hogsmeade, and disappearing onto the night on the broom she had stolen from the quidditch pitch, or take off on one of the thestrals she had visited the previous night.

The living reminders of her past. The consequences of her actions. They're there if she ever needs a reminder of what happened, if she ever gets a little too cocky about how happy she was. 

Although, now she had one that was a little more accessible - they were sharing a room together after all. But in light of Tiger being reminded of that, she would most likely be sleeping either in the boys dorm or in the common room from then on. 

Tiger climbed the small, circuling steps up to the first floor of the Defense Against the Dark Arts tower, stopping in front of the door. She knocked twice, and the sound of the teacher asking her to enter made her open the door.

"Ah, Tiger. Good." McGonagall smiled slightly, the tight-lipped smile which was welcoming despite the circumstances. "Please, have a seat." The Professor gestured to the chair in front of her, and Tiger slid into it, crossing her legs.

"Biscuit?" McGonagall offered, holding out some, Tiger taking one and nibbling on the edge. "I understand you have had an extremely overwhelming couple of days." She began, and Tiger nodded.

"Lily said she told you about my parents." Tiger replied, focusing on the biscuit. "And of course, both you and Professor Dumbledore know what happened at Ilvermorny." 

"Supposedly." McGonagall interjected, and Tiger's eyes flickered from the biscuit to the woman, who wasn't looking at Tiger, but focusing on the sheet of paper on her desk. "Students aren't allowed to stay at Hogwarts during the summer. However, if you need somewhere to stay, Madame Rosmerta often has spare positions at the Three Broomsticks." 

The teacher passed a slip of parchment to Tiger, folded neatly. The girl took it, staring at the note for a moment, before putting it in her pocket.

"You won't be punished for your disappearing act, I'm sure you're glad to know. However, Professor Dumbledore and I agree that there are possibly better places for you to stay rather than the Forbidden Forrest, no matter what form." She continued, and a blush blazed across Tiger's cheeks. 

"It was not particularily difficult to discover the reasons behind it. Whilst Professor Dumbledore and I am aware of what supposedly occured at Ilvermorny, you are yet to inform anyone else of the occurences, correct?" McGonagall continued, and Tiger nodded.

"Neither Miss Williams or Olivia had any reason to be denied admission." She continued. "However, if Miss Williams begins to abuse her power, you must report it. And I'm sure Olivia will get her comeuppance, whatever she does."

"I'm sure she will." Tiger smirked a little, finally finishing her biscuit. She looked over to the teacher, standing up at grabbing her bag.

"Tiger what happened." McGonagall quickly asked, and Tiger giggled quietly, attempting to discreetly pull down her skirt and move her tights so that the holes weren't too visible.

"There was a.. incident. She may have been rescued, but last time I saw her, Olivia was doing a very complex tap routine." Tiger said. "Thanks for the chat, Minnie, I'm sure that it will be of good use."

Tiger paused, half way out of the door. "But really, thank you." She said quietly, and McGonagall smiled.

"No problem." The woman replied, and shook her head slightly as Tiger left. She was something, that girl. Complex, yet simple. Hot and cold. But she knew that James Potter was having the time of his life figuring out the mystery that was his best friend's cousin. 

Minerva just prayed that his heart was big enough, and he wasn't too judgemental when it came to Tiger telling him the truth. 

Because the difference between the girl who arrived at Hogwarts in September and the girl who came back in January were almost opposite, in the sense that Tiger seemed so much happier. 

The Howell girl had gone through so much. And Minevra could only hope that she wouldn't lose her best friend.

✧