-ˋ 30

CHAPTER THIRTY

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY FIND OUT

. . .

"Miss Howell?" Dumbledore's usually light and airy manner of speaking had turned sour, tainted with confusion at the situation arising in front of his eyes. Tiger had somewhat closed up on herself - only in manner of course.

The girl, no longer caring about modesty and general etiquette in front of her Head of House and Headmaster, had pulled her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs. Being confronted with the matter wasn't exactly she was open to. 

"Should I fetch Mr Potter?" McGonagall was somewhat joking with the wizard, glancing nervously between Tiger and Leo. But Dumbledore waved his hand towards the door, and in somewhat shock, the teacher hurried off. 

"Miss Howell. It is important that we know about this situation. Mr Buckley thought it was necessary to let us know." Dumbledore said gently, leaning down to look at the girl.

"Don't see why he had to. I was dealing with it perfectly fine." Tiger's voice was bitter as she replied, head balanced on her knees. She had come to terms with all of it, was able to talk about it and talk to Leo - who was supposed to be dead of all things.

"Tiger. I understand that you may believe that it would be easier for the issue to just settle." Dumbledore began. "But-"

"Yes, I do think that. I dealt with everything last year and everything since his stupid so-called death. And I was over it. Then he came back and I got over that as well. This is just taking up my time unnecessarily. I already know that he's alive, what more is there to discuss?" Tiger cut off the headmaster, who seemed rather used to facing issues of anger and just sat back in his chair.

The Howell girl kicked her legs off of the chair, straightening up and setting her feet back on the ground. She smoothed her jeans out as she stood up, adjusting the folded up ends. "Whilst Leo might be okay with discussing this openly, I have decided I am not. And I will be joining my actually very alive boyfriend at dinner." Tiger announced.

Leo looked between his ex and the headmaster, looking panicked as she headed towards the door. The Buckley boy gestured over, trying to get Dumbledore's attention with his hands flailing in mid-air. 

Almost exactly how he had sent off Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore simply raised his hand and stopped Leo from following after the girl. "Wait.. wait just a moment." He told him, patiently staring at the door that Tiger had disappeared through.

Two minutes later and McGonagall returned. But she wasn't alone, or just with James. In fact, McGonagall had her arm stiffly linked with Tiger, who looked rather disgruntled as she was stopped from going anywhere.

With a sigh and dragging her feet across the stone, Tiger sat down in the chair that had appeared again. "Can I interest you in a chair, Mr Potter?" Dumbledore asked sagely, James nodding and watching as chintz armchair appeared beside the one that Tiger sat in. "I must remember to write to your father - that potion of his worked a treat in my beard the other day - Sleekeazy's Hair Potion, was it?"

"I'll include it in my next letter, Professor." James grinned, smiling meeting his eyes as he looked between Tiger and the headmaster, the smile fading when his eyes rested on Leo. "Oh." He breathed out, looking across to Tiger.

The Howell girl could practically see the cogs turning in his mind, putting together what she had told him about their conversation in the Quidditch Stands. "Oh." He repeated, finally finishing the puzzle. "You told them? Did Tiger want you to tell them, huh?" 

James turned to Leo, expression infused with dangerous, protective accusation. "If your ex died and then came to life who would you rather tell? Your new boyfriend or the actual people of authority who can do something about it?" Leo shot back, instantly defending himself. 

"If James's ex died and she came back to life we would instantly assume she had figured out how to do so. Not that her crazy parents would hide her and make her forget anything." Tiger's trip outside of the office hadn't calmed her down at all.

"Yeah.. Lily would somehow have met up with Flamel or figured out some spell or potion." James nodded in agreement, looking over at his girlfriend. "And her parents are nice, right?"

"Yeah they're lovely." Tiger replied, sitting back in her chair, arms crossed and legs folded, staring pointedly at the floor. Dumbledore watched the interaction with a rather interested expression - more of one that you would acquire whilst watching a game of tennis in the middle of July. 

"I see.. well, this might go on for a while. Zolly!" Dumbledore said brightly, the teens falling silent and staring at him in confusion. With a crack, a house-elf appeared, dressed in a filthy rag. "May we have some tea?" He asked.

"Of course Mr Headmaster Sir." The house-elf nodded, disappearing again. 

The Howell girl settled into her chair - this was not how she expected her weekend to turn out. But it seemed she would be forced to face the issue at hand. 

And truly deal with everything once and for all.