˗ˋ 28

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH ONE COMES DOWN WITH A FEVER

. . .

Tiger woke up the next morning as the light was streaming through the windows to the dorm and the sound of knocking. Which was unusual, seeing as Marlene, Lily or Lydia could access the room whenever they pleased.

"Yes?" Tiger groaned, opening one eye and directing it towards the wooden door which seperated the sixth year girl's dorm and the corridor outside. The knocks continued, and Tiger sat up, staring over at it. "It's open." She said, laying back down, the one eye still open.

A younger Gryffindor girl walked in - perhaps one in their second year - and upon seeing this, Tiger scrambled to pull the cover over her body, despite wearing shorts and a tank top.

"I thought you were Marlene or something and somehow got locked out." Tiger murmured, and the second year blushed, staring down at the floor. "How can I help you?"

"Sirius Black is asking for you." The second year said. "He was shouting up the stairs for ages and I thought it would be better to just ask you."

"I am so sorry." Tiger said, then looked around, climbing out of her bed, searching around. "Here, take some of these." She offered the girl some Honeydukes toffees. "And tell Sirius to shut up. Wait I can do that."

"Sirius!" Tiger poked her head out of her dorm door, the second year waiting besides her. "Shut up and don't ask people to do your dirty work for you." She shouted.

"No dirty work here, Twiggy. My hands are as spotless as ever." Sirius replied. "It's not for me though, it's for James."

"Please, just take them all." Tiger stood aside and let the second year go, before returning to her shouting conversation with Sirius. "I'll be down in twenty minutes. Now stop shouting you inconsiderate donkey."

Tiger quickly got changed, not bothering to shower, and changing into a pair of jeans and a sweater, pulling her hair back into some form of messy bun. She didn't bother with makeup and just pulled on her beat up converse, trudging down the stairs.

"What do you want." She asked him, her arms folded across her chest. "Could this have not waited until maybe sometime after noon. What did James do."

"He's sick." Sirius replied, glancing over to the stairs which led to the boys dorm. "He went and got himself a cold and a fever. I think that's what it's called."

"Doesn't Madame Pomfrey have any potion for it? Surely one of you could have gotten it?" Tiger, still half asleep, was extremely confused with the situation.

"He won't let us. Wants to get it himself, but can't actually leave his bed without fainting or something. What did you guys do last night?" Sirius wiggled his eyebrows, and with one flick of Tiger's wand, his lips were sealed shut.

"Nothing, Padfoot. Now pinkie promise not to say anything like that ever again?" Sirius raised his pinkie, and Tiger muttered the counter-curse. "We were just in the rain for a bit. That's also why we skipped dinner."

"How lovely and romantic." Sirius smirked slightly. "But back to the topic at hand. I thought I would get you involved because whilst James can ignore everyone else, he wouldn't ignore you."