-ˋ 45

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH TIGER RETURNS

. . .

Nobody could find the Howell girl. James had left the hall maybe just a few moments too late, and when the rest of the group followed him out, he wasn't too far away, peering down a corridor. 

And when McGonagall joined them minutes later, standing and waiting for an explanation to why nine of her students had left the feast, she found them in some sort of circle, talking over each other. 

"Where did Miss Howell disappear off to?" The professor asked, and the group fell silent, looking over and collectively replying with similar answers, explaining that they didn't know. 

"She hasn't exactly had the easiest of days. Her and her mum went through something this morning." Sirius told her, seemingly the one who had most understanding of how bad relationships with parents could be. 

He did so briefly, just how he would if anyone asked about why he was living with the elderly Euphemia and Fleamont Potter and their son, who just so happened to be his best friend. 

"And.. we don't think that Tiger hasn't got any positive history with Olivia. Or anyone from Ilvermorny." Lily continued, and glanced over at Remus for confirmation.

"She might be my cousin, but I sure as hell have no idea what happened at Ilvermorny. I didn't even know why she left until you three found as well." Remus shrugged and McGonagall sighed. 

"I'll ask a few others to look for her." She told them. "But if she wants to be alone for a while, I expect you to abide by her wishes. It seems to me that Tiger is somewhat overwhelmed by today."  

The group nodded, and began to disperse, and rather than returning to the hall, McGonagall also set off to look for Tiger. But alas, she couldn't be found. 

And of course, like any other school, rumours spread like wildfire. Where Tiger had gone, what happened between Olivia and Tiger and many others. They could all be answered by some outlandish, completely impossible answers.

It didn't help that Tiger didn't reappear at breakfast the next morning, and someone heared Lily telling James and Remus that her bed wasn't slept in, and her uniform was still neatly folded on her bed. 

However, at lunch, Tiger entered the hall, only to find everyone was staring at her. And it wasn't because of the fishnet tights or chunky boots, or the mess of hair pulled back by butterfly clips and a skirt that was far too short for that time of here. 

Her eyes were rimmed in red and smudged eyeliner, the makeup being a signature Tiger look. But the red wasn't. And it surprised a few people. However, Olivia seemed to smirking at the end of table. 

Ignoring the stares, Tiger made her way down the aisle, throwing a simpering smirk and a mocking wave in Olivia's direction before she slipped into the seat next to James, her back turned to the blonde girl.

Tiger where the hell were you?" James asked, and his tone seemed slightly shocking to others, including Tiger, who's eyes went wide just for a moment, before she shrugged.