-ˋ 89

CHAPTER EIGHTY NINE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE END NEARS

. . .

The day on the island was simply a mere memory now, the day of relaxation and fun the anomoly among most, as their free times was filled with studying for their end of year tests.

It didn't stop them from daydreaming about it, or about the summer ahead, during the moments in tests where their minds got lost in this fantasy world, or whilst revising, when they just needed a break.

"I know I wouldn't say this every time something goes wrong, but I think this warrants a classical Tiger phrase." The Howell girl appeared in the library corner, her voice far too loud, creating a wave of hushing, the more noticeable from Madame Pince. 

"I quite fancy throwing myself off of the Astronomy tower." Tiger said, to no one in particular, slumping down in the only free chair. "Godric, that feels better already."

Lily, Remus, Peter, Marlene and Lydia stared at her, at a somewhat loss for words. Tiger rolled her eyes, but despite the skepticism from anyone listening, Tiger did look a little more relieved than when she first came in. 

"You lot are boring." She complained - the others didn't really care about her comments, she had warned them before hand, as it seemed along with being grouchy, Tiger would hurl insults at anyone who was nearby. 

"Tiger, I don't know if you're heard, but this is a library. We're studying." Remus said, his cousin staring back at him for the slightest of moments before leaning on the table, her head facing down. "I don't know why you're stressed, you, Prongs and Padfoot don't even need to study. You lot practically inhale information and can just relay it at any moment." 

"Talking of Prongsie and Twinkletoes, where exactly are they?" Tiger seemed to perk up at the names of her two friends who were a lot more alike in ways. 

"Your little best friends got banned from this library the minute they stepped in it for the first time. Good job too - hey, what would it cost to get you banned." Marlene asked, and Tiger's eyes widened. 

"See I think I like this Marlene more - you're even funner than usual." Tiger said in reply, and Marlene's deadpan stare said it all. "Alright, I get it, I'll leave you alone. I only came into this dusty place to tell you our Transfiguration starts in ten.. well about six minutes now." 

"You're kidding - we had an hour left. Our schedule says we had another hour." Lily said, reaching for a piece of parchment pinned up on the bookshelf. "Look," She said, pointing at section of it, Tiger squinting at it, before siting back in her chair. "We still have an hour, see?"

"Yeah your schedule is wrong." Tiger said, far too nonchalant for the situation. "The Transfiguration started at 2pm, not 3." She shrugged. "It was changed yesterday morning - McGonagall had some appointment to go to." 

"And you only thought to tell us this now?" Lily asked, a look of utter disbelief on her face. "Not when you walked in or anything? You wait until five minutes into the conversation." 

"You lot were too busy thinking I'm strange to ask why exactly I wanted to throw myself off of the Astronomy tower. And it's because we have the Transfiguration test like really soon." Tiger shrugged, leaning against a bookshelf as she watched them gather their stuff.

"You and James are really bloody similar, you know that right?" Marlene said. "This is exactly the kind of shit he would pull."

"Honestly all I got from that is that my boyfriend is rubbing off on me - which is something he would be very pleased with, I'm sure." Tiger replied, following the group out of the library and running with them to get to the Entrance Hall, dumping their bags with the rest in the pile. 

"Your girlfriend is a menance." Lily said, as the six of them approached Sirius and James, who were waiting. James smiled as they approached, holding out his arms so that Tiger could hug him, which she did, head balanced on his shoulder. 

"That's what I like to hear." James shrugged, and Tiger giggled, Lily's jaw dropping at his reply. "Anyways - our last exam of the year, how is everyone feeling?"

A jumpled set of replies came from the group in front of him, and James nodded, knowingly. "You came from the library, Twigs?" He asked, and the girl replied with a nod. "Do any studying?" He didn't even believe what he was saying, and chuckled, kissing her on the forehead. "Of course you didn't." 

"You know me far too well Potter." Tiger replied. In front of them, McGonagall stood, instructing them that their exam was about to begin, and that they should enter the hall in silence. 

The group did as such, sitting down at their designated desks. Before the test was to begin, Tiger glanced behind her, trying to find her friends. All of a sudden, her eyes met James's behind his glasses, and he winked. 

A smile of encouragement appeared, and Tiger tried to return the most confident one that she could, before turning back around in her seat, the exam starting. 

It would only be an hour or so of written work, and then at least an hour of practical work afterwards and then they would be finished, and it would soon be time for them to leave Hogwarts for the summer and return for seventh year afterwards.

And as for Tiger, she couldn't wait.

a/n
i forgot to write in
apparation lessons 
so um just like pretend
they've done them
because i'm one away
from the end of act one
and i'm not writing it in
now so-