˗ˋ 24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH HALLOWEEN NIGHT IS ONE OF FUN

. . .

"In Ilvermorny, and this is the most positive thing I've had to say about that place, would let us all dress up today." Tiger announced as she slid into her seat at the breakfast table, causing Lily, Marlene and Lydia to look up.

"Tonight will be better, I promise." Marlene held up her pinkie finger before returning to eating her breakfast. "It's because it's a Tuesday, if it was Friday, or the weekend, it would be so much better."

"You shouldn't worry about it Tigs, James and Sirius always end up doing something stupid which makes it worthwhile." Lydia giggled, finishing her food. "One time they convinced each other to dress up as these stupid animals. Peter had a rat tail, Sirius had ears and a tail of a dog, James wore these Christmas reindeer antlers and I think Remus was some form of dog?"

"Sounds fun." Tiger smiled and Lydia agreed, although she didn't quite understand the knowing glint that had appeared in Tiger's eyes. "I was considering dying my hair again for today. Streaky highlights."

"You would look good with any hair colour - just don't ever go blonde." Lily chimed in, and for the next moment or so, Marlene draped her hair over Tiger's head, testing the ginger girl's theory.

"She's right, don't do it." Marlene finally concluded, sitting back down. "You could do it later though, I'm sure you would have some spare time."

"No need, Twiggy." A voice called, and Tiger looked up the aisle, towards the main doors. "You can join in with us this year." James smirked, and Lydia gasped.

"They brought it back?" Lydia seemed so happy, but then confused, as she peered at whatever Sirius was holding. "What in Merlin's name is that."

"You're having me on." Tiger exclaimed, as the four boys sat down near her. "What the fuck, Remus why the fuck would you let them do this."

"Twiggy, stop being a spoil sport." Sirius half-sang, standing above her and sliding the extra headband on her head.

Tiger pulled it off of her head, trying not to disturb the pigtails she had tied her hair in. Staring at the headband, she realised exactly what they had done to it.

One of the ears of it was a plush tiger one, tiny in contrast to the other. The second ear was one of the dog ears tranfigured to look orange. And that was when it clicked. She had already known that the headbands were based on their animagus, but they had combined hers animagus of a fox with her name. And it wasn't exactly a look.

"Rem." Tiger said, and the Lupin boy only laughed, before his smile fell. "Why in Merlin's name would you do this to me."

"She's mad. Guys, I think we should cancel this little plan of action." James smirked, and copying his friend, his face fell upon seeing her expression.

"Prongs." Tiger said, as the boys began to stand up, slowly retreating away from the table, back down the hall. Tiger got up and followed them, and as they sped up to a jog, she began running, although it was hard due to her choice of footwear.

But eventually, she caught up to James, and upon her reaching him, James turned around, looking down at her. "Come on, are you really that mad?" He asked, looking down at the headband in her hands. He took it and gently placed it on her head. "I think you look cute?"