-ˋ 75

CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S SUMMER TERM

. . .

It was like the beginning of the spring term all over again. Tiger, Sirius and James all woke up under one roof, ate breakfast together and the girl waited for the two boys to do their hair, before she had to physically drag them out of the bathroom and into the car, in which Euphemia and Fleamont were waiting in. 

The journey to London was a fun one, Sirius and James making sure of that. Tiger was sure it was to get rid of her worries - which were so prominent during that morning, as they had been since that day in Cokeworth. 

Euphemia and Fleamont had been overjoyed when they found out that Tiger and James were officially dating. They had seen James after his breakup with Lily, and his parents were so, so happy that he had managed to get his happiness back, as it was clear that the breakup had impacted him so much. 

Fleamont had needed to stop his wife from going and putting something together in celebration, but had instead promised to send Tiger something, ('You're James's girlfriend now, you'll need something for good luck' she had joked). James and Sirius had laughed, knowing that the Potter boy was a lot to handle a lot, but Tiger had been doing a pretty good job so far.

As they neaared the station, Sirius and James became more boisterous, and Tiger felt as if it was for her. She was absolutely terrified of the same situation occuring again; her mother being there on the platform. 

If Grace Howell was there, Tiger didn't know what she would do. She didn't know what her mother would be there for, but if she was there, then Tiger would most certainly panic. 

"Come on Twigsy." Sirius said, as they pulled up outside the station. James held out his hand as Tiger climbed out of the backseat, her taking it so that she could catch her balance, feeling a little bit wobbly. 

Fleamont, Sirius and James loaded their three trunks and Treacle's cage onto two of the trolleys, the eldest Potter taking one of them, and Sirius the other, James instantly going to hold his girlfriend's hand, practically skipping as they made their way through the station. 

Reaching the barrier, James dragged her through without a second thought, and Euphemia, Sirius and Fleamont passing through soon after, Mia and Sirius discussing whether or not Remus's parents would be there, and if she could have a quick word with Hope. 

"She won't be here." James told Tiger, his voice soft as he reassured her. She squeezed his hand in reply, James repeating her action. Although his words helped slightly, Tiger couldn't help but look around just in case.

"Hey Sirius!" Tiger called back to the group, who were much closer then she assumed, "Oh-" She hesitated, and Euphemia laughed. "Rem is just over there." She told the dark-haired boy, who nodded and took off, Euphemia close behind him.

Tiger was on high alert, staring around the platform and trying her hardest to glimpse over to the people who were just beside the Lupins. She let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was only Peter and his parents.

"Come on." James said, pulling Tiger over to the group, where Euphemia and Fleamont had joined the conversation, Fleamont's hand resting gently on Sirius's shoulder, the boy smiling proudly. 

"I don't believe we've met." An almost sing-song like voice said, and Tiger looked over to the owner, to find that it was Peter's mother. 

"No, I don't think so." Tiger said, holding out her hand. "I'm Tiger Howell, James's girlfriend." 

"So I've heard." Mrs Pettigrew shook her hand only briefly. "But I thought he was dating that Lily girl?" She continued, and Tiger felt extremely awkward. 

"James and Lily broke up at the end of last year." Tiger said, her boyfriend glancing over and frowning when he heard the topic of conversation. 

"Mrs Pettigrew, nice to see you, looking lovely as always." James interjected, tearing himself away from the conversation with Remus, Sirius and their parents. 

"James, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Enid?" The woman let out a high pitched giggle. "It's all that Cornwall air, does me wonders. You didn't tell me that you and Lily had broken up!"

"Sorry about that, Mrs.. Enid. You, Peter and Paul were off to America before I could say anything." James chuckled, taking Tiger's hand again. 

"Well, what can I say, we're always jetting off somewhere." Enid laughed and James chuckled. "You five need to get on the train." She interjected, and the group looked around, shocked to see most students already on the train. 

"Sugar." Remus said. It was lucky that all of their luggage had been put on the train, due to Fleamont, Lyall and Paul, who had left their wives to talk in order to do so. 

"Reckon we should make a run for it?" Sirius asked, his eyes glinting. "We have to do something good for out last journey for our Sixth year." 

"Go on then." Tiger giggled, and she waited for a second as the boys all said goodbye to their parents, smiling as Euphemia and Fleamont hugged her briefly, promising to be there at the station for when it was time to come home. 

And together, the group of five ran to the nearest entrance to the train as it began to slowly leave the station, Sirius and Tiger having to pull James on right at the last minute, all of them leaning out of the door and waving to their families right up until the last minute. 

The next time they would be doing that would be the beginning of their final year. But as of now, their final term of their sixth year. And what a year had it been so far.

Hopefully, there wouldn't be too much drama this time. But with the marauders around, there always happened to be a bit of something around the corner.