-ˋ 62

CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH JAMES OFFERS
A PREPOSITION 

. . .

As much as Remus pulled faces and looked as though he might actually throw up at the idea of his cousin - his cousin who had done so much for himself and his friends - going on a Death Eater raid before she had even graduated Hogwarts, there was nothing that could be done.

Once Tiger had made her mind up on something, she generally stuck to it without question, which was also why she had somehow managed to convince them all to allow Leo into the group, and a trait that had created the love that exuded from James Potter every time he looked at her.

James - that was another story. But Remus hadn't been able to talk him down from anything truly serious since second year, and he severely doubted that he would have the ability to say something that changed his mind. And so, there was no question about it. James and Tiger would be embarking on the dangerous mission together without a hint of worry in their minds.

Everyone had tried to mention the dangers at some point. Lily had slipped it into their breakfast chats, Marlene had outright said it, Lydia seemed to be under the impression that slipping anonymous notes into James and Tiger's school books on very specific pages would impact them to the point of going to DUmbledore and retracting their offer. Leo didn't dare say anything in fear of upsetting Tiger after he had been forgiven, Dorcas constantly pushed Marlene's points and Peter murmured his agreement every so often. 

It was only Sirius who didn't seem to have anything to say - against it anyway. On the contrary he had a lot to say, but instead of opposing the idea, he was in full support of it, and said exactly that over the course of the hours leading up to it.

Several hours following the announcement and the group were sat in Defense Against the Dark Arts of all things. They hadn't had actual lessons since the end of their exams, but were still expected to turn up to lesson for register and mostly remain in the classroom during the time, but were free to complete extra work for other classes and other projects if needed. 

Their teacher was already packing up the stuff at their desk - they had to leave for a family emergency apparently, which seemed almost ironic considering that most DADA teachers ended up the same way. Everyone knew by now that the position was closed, yet Dumbledore kept filing through teachers like he could say the word and they would materialise out of thin air. 

Sirius glanced their way before swinging back on his chair until he hit the table behind him, spun far enough around that he was directly facing the couple sat behind him. "So. When you get back, reckon you could manage to share the story?" He asked, tossing a once active snitch in the air, catching it like it were a rubber ball.

Tiger and James paused, in the midst of a murmured conversation that saw their heads turned towards each other, crossed in such a way that their lips were directly by ears. His glasses were a little lopsided, hair looked even more perfectly messy than usual. Tiger's cheeks had a faint dusting of pink that vanished with a sigh and the shake of her head, elbows resting on the table as she looked towards Sirius.

Long hair tumbled down her bare arm, crossing over the confines of her short-sleeved blouse. "Want us to take a camera? Point our wands at someone then ask them to pose?" She teased, fingers knotted together under her chin. 

"Oh that would be perfect."

"Sirius, if you want to go that bad, you should go in place of me." James offered, and in an instance both heads had snapped towards him. Sirius looked horrified.

"You're abandoning your girlfriend?"

"You're abandoning me?" Tiger's eyebrows raised. "Sirius - I thought you would be on board with this."

"Yeah, but I'm not breaking up the dream team. And I'm not looking for an awkward threesome. I just want to be promised a good storytelling. I'm trusting you with that, Tiger." He turned back around in his sheet, shaking his head and tutting. "Honestly." He muttered. "Imagine offering to leave your girlfriend."

"I wasn't offering to leave  her." James rolled his eyes. "If you just wanted it so much I thought neither of you would mind if he took my place." He shrugged, looking between the two. Tiger was dragging her fingernail across the wood of her desk slowly. "Tig?"

"Mhm?"

"You know I wouldn't abandon you, don't you?" Her action paused as she came to meet his eyes, nodding. "Good.. and Sirius I wasn't going to let you go anyway." 

Sirius turned around instantly, jaw dropped. James shrugged, cock-sure grin on his face.

"I'm planning on having way too much fun with this to give it up."

a/n
theres not many
chapters left ngl, i think
i'll end this by the 65th or 70th
and then have the two alternate
endings written

ngl i don't love this book, i don't
love how i didn't include dorcas
or mary or alice and frank in the main
group, but i'm going to finish it, and
then i'm going to tick it off my list

i'm sorry its been so long since my
last update, this book was the last of
my priorities since the beginning of
november, but i'm going to try and 
update once a week from now and
have it finished by the end of february