-ˋ 58

CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH IT COMES
TO A VOTE

. . .

"No way." James and Sirius weren't the only one to protest Tiger's suggestion now, Remus pushing his hands into his pockets as he got to his feet. 

"I would like Leo to join us in the last few weeks of preparing for the war in school and then joining the order." The cousin didn't look phased by the interruption, instead taking a step to the side so that she was closer to her ex. 

"Tiger - no, you can't." James was joining in once more, also standing up beside him. "I'm betting you haven't talked to Dumbledore either and-"

"Well he let Olivia into this school I reckon he owes me a favour." Tiger didn't really care at all that Albus Dumbledore was not only the headmaster of her school, the Chief Wizard of Wizengamot, the Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards or considered one of the most powerful wizards of all time following his defeat of Gellert Grindalwald - you would've thought he would have done at least a background check on someone from another country.

He had apparently done one on herself, made obvious by his first meeting with her previous to her beginning at Hogwarts - and if had done one on Olivia he could have easily seen the connection between them. 

"Tiger.. he did help with whatever Leo and his parents were doing." Lily suggested gently. 

"He said he would help me with finding where the hell my dad went as well." Tiger argued. "All I know is he's not anywhere near my mother - which doesn't help in the slightest because I don't know where she is either. You can argue with me on it all you want, but he owes me a favour and this is going to be it."

"No way." Sirius joined Remus and stood up. Considering that Tiger was quite small, it was quite formidable seeing them all stood in front of her, similiar expressions and arms folded. Sirius was considerably shorter than her boyfriend and cousin, but the image held up either way. 

"All of you." But what they very much did know is that Tiger could - despite her height - do the very same. She gritted her teeth, knuckles white as she clutched her wand. "Sit down and hear me out. And I won't hesitate to hex you, okay?"

James was the first to sit down, Remus quickly following. Sirius turned to look at them in disbelief. "Fine." He grumbled, before taking his seat as well. 

"Leo, don't say anything, you might ruin the case I'm making for you." Tiger mumbled with her head tilted towards him, lips barely even moving before she turned back to the others. "Let me tell you why I think that Leo would actually be a rather good fit."

It was like she was presenting to the students in a class, and she returned to the topic she was focused on before. "Listen. I've known him since I went to that stupid school. Yes, like I said, I thought he was dead and I grieved his death.... but seeing as he isn't dead and the shit that happened with olivia and everything did, you can't hold it against him."

"I am very sorry for that by the way." Leo spoke up, sounding incredibly genuine. "I had barely any idea she existed to be honest."

"Eh, wasn't your fault." Tiger dismissed him with a wave of her hand. James didn't seem to feel thhe same. "Shame she got brought up by the wrong pureblood rich people of the upper east side. that place is beautiful but so so toxic."

"Still, very sorry." The boy shrugged. "I think our parents might be friends but I though she was a boy called Oliver until my mom mentioned it vaguely one day after she transferred here and then left again."

"It's fine. You're forgiven."

"Tiger!"

"It's my thing to forgive, okay?" She glanced over to Leo for just a moment before looking back to the other group. "I get some of you might hate him - James, your pouting calm down and Sirius, no you can't climb the Astronomy Tower with the pack of cigarettes I found under your bed."

"How did you know about that?" Sirius gasped. 

" I was looking for the map because I had a shit lesson and wanted compliments." Tiger admitted, James grinning. "We might drink ourselves to death but smoking is gross. I'm surprised i havent smelt it on you before. Do you know what it can do to your lungs?"

"I don't do it that often. only when I'm feeling particularly.. murderous." His eyes flickered over to Leo, who raised his eyebrows.

"Sirius has a flair for the dramatics." Tiger told Leo."As do I. which is why I hid you in here and had this huge build up and everything."

"But you hate him." James' eyebrows furrowed.

"I get it." Lily spoke up, clearing her throat. "Tig, you dated him which was strange and all but you can account for his character right? You know what hes like better than all of these people. Except from Marlie, maybe."

"He was very nice to me when we were dating." Marlene admitted, looking up at the pair stood before them, holding Dorcas' hand around her shoulders.

"See?" Tiger raised her arms in a shrug. "And if anything, what he did is for me to forgive. It's my problem, happened to me and its my job to deal with it afterwards."

"Fine. I say we vote for it." James glanced up at his girlfriend. "All those against Luke - sorry, Leo - joining." He, Sirius and Remus raised his hands. "What?" He exclaimed, turning to the girls.

Lily shrugged. "We trust Tiger, if she wants to have him join then we think she knows what she's doing. You lot might feel very strongly about her relationship with him - Remus you're worried, James you're in a weird jealousy thing and Sirius you would probably kill anyone for Tiger but you should listen to what she's saying and trust her."

"Lils knows what she's talking about." Tiger grinned, nodding approvingly. "And all in favour of Leo joining?" The girls raised their hands. "Now it's just in Dumbledore's hands for the final say."