-ˋ 56

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH TIGER HAS 
AN IDEA

. . .

The end of the month of June had brought a sense of relief to majority of the seventh years at Hogwarts. June and the month previous had been filled with studying and revising for their NEWTS. And in the last week of the sixth month, Professor McGonagall had handed out their timetables and six days out of seven were spent in the Great Hall whilst the sun shone outside and they completed their exams. 

Their very last exam on that final Saturday of the month was Defense Against the Dark Arts, and finished just before lunch, the group of seventh years ushered out of the Great Hall so that the food could be put on the table by the house-elves down in the kitchen. 

Tiger stepped out of the large wooden doors whilst the feeling of utter ease settled in her stomach. She had actually managed to get through yet another exam - the application part after lunch the previous day was easy, she was just worried about the written element the next day. 

But she had flown through it, finished all the questions the very best she could with at least twenty minutes left to spare; the large clock that swung against the width of the top of the Great Hall had ticked merrily away as the time passed and now it was over.

However, the seating placements of the group had been very spread out - even now it seemed that there were doubts on James and Sirius' genius - and Tiger wasn't too sure where her friends were amongst the many others who had taken the exam.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was deemed the most important class they could take considering the current climate, and as a result had the most NEWT students taking it. Which meant now, Tiger was stuck amongst the crowds, trying to spot at least one of them before they would eat lunch together and then make their way up to the hidden classroom where they would either relax after their exams or launch themselves into yet another practise. 

She looked around, but she couldn't see anyone. Maybe that could be the back of Remus' head, he most certainly was tall enough to tower above the other students, but that could be anyone. Jack Harmon in Ravenclaw was just as tall - perhaps even taller - as was Augustus Rockwood in Slytherin. 

Her eyes continued to drift over heads, pushing herself up onto her tiptoes with the support of a soldier-shaped statue, until they landed on someone. Leo. 

She hadn't at all talked to him since the truth came to light about what his parents' had done, and with a sigh she stepped away from the statue, shuffling around the crowd and trying not to get elbowed as she made her way over.

An idea sparked in her mind as she stepped forward. It was probably a bad idea but with the war looming they needed all the help they could get. And somewhere within her, there was an ounce of trust that remained. 

James, nor Sirius, Marlene or Lily were anywhere to be seen as Tiger came to a stop in front of Leo, who looked genuinely shocked to even see her stood in his general vicinity. 

"Tiger.. hi." Leo swallowed, pushing himself up from where he was leant against the wall. "How was the exam?" He asked. 

"Good." Came Tiger's reply. "You know how I revise for things... or don't. But.. can we have a chat? I think there's something you want to talk about." 

Leo looked confused, before following her out of the Entrance Hall and down on of the long corridors of Hogwarts. They really were a labyrinth of arches, nooks and crannys but Tiger decided to keep near the Great Hall - it was almost lunch after all. 

"If I'm honest.." Leo began, glancing to the girl by his side. "I didn't think you'd ever even look my way again after what happened. But I'm not complaining.. what's it about?"

Tiger came to a stop by a window with a particularly whide sill beneath it, even completed by cushions to make it a place that students could actually sit.

"Well.." Tiger had a moment of contemplation before shrugging. "I need to you to swear your not gonna tell anyone. Don't even go near your parents or anyone else with this one."

"I promise. You could even make an unbreakable vow if you wanted me to." Leo replied, holding up his arm. "Seriously, I'll do it right here and now." 

"You need a third person for that, idiot." Tiger replied. "But I believe you. Now listen."