-ˋ 85

CHAPTER EIGHTY FIVE

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH PICNICS ARE ORGANISED

. . .

"McGonagall says Slughorn wants me to do Alchemy." Tiger announced, as she sat down besides Sirius. He, Remus and Peter were sat in the Quidditch stands, and below them, James was holding a practise, talking to the team.

Since it had progressed more and more into the year, the weather was of course, a lot warmer, and it didn't become dark so early. Which lead to the group staying out a lot later, and Quidditch practises going late into the night as they led up to the final game of the year.

Which was the following Saturday - only three days away now. And as captain, James had upped the amount of practise, and with a lack of a certain stag from sitting with them in the common room, the group had opted to sit in the stands instead.

It was pretty comfortable, and a lot warmer in comparison to the winter days. And besides, Tiger found the castle and surrounding landscape extremely pretty to look at in the golden light as the sun set.

"He doesn't do that with a lot of students - only a select few. I expect Snivellus will be taking it. Hey - if he asks James does that mean they'll both be sat within striking distance of each other?" Sirius asked, a glint in his eye as he glanced over at Peter. "Tiger Howell you lucky bitch."

"Thanks?" Tiger looked towards Sirius, standing up and leaning over the railings. "Prongsie!" She yelled, and James's head shot up from where he was talking to the team, a smile breaking out on his face.

He quickly said something to the other six members of the team, who all moved to do something. James jogged over to an area just below where Tiger was, and used his hand to shade his eyes from the sun as he looked over at her.

"Good meeting with McGonagall?" He half-shouted up at her. She nodded, and was about to shout back to him when James glanced over to the time, then back at her. "Talk later?" He asked, and Tiger only nodded her head again, neither wanting to strain their voices.

Tiger stayed leant on the railings, but turned around the face the other boys. "How romantic." Remus mused, and Tiger glared at him.

"Considering all your and Sirius's relationship consists of is making out in dark closests and adjusting ties to hide hickeys- I just remembered I'm your cousin. This is gross." Tiger looked slightly nauseated for a moment, and Remus rolled his eyes.

"Hey - our relationship is romantic. Besides, it's not like we can make out anywhere else." Sirius told her, and Tiger scrunched her nose, her gaze drifting back to the pitch, watching as James rose up into the air on his broom, and the practise match began.

"The dorm has been officially off bounds since me and Lydia walked in on them one time." Peter said quietly, and Tiger sent a sympathetic look his way.

"Glad it wasn't me. One time was enough." Tiger said. "Anyways - do you reckon we could set up a picnic day at some point. James told me all about Hogwarts in the summer one day in the Christmas holidays and I'm desperate to have at least one day this year where I can do that." 

"Are you planning on studying for your end of year tests at all?" The Lupin boy looked up from his book - he was studying for charms as they spoke.

"It's fine. I never study for anything, I've got this in the bag." Tiger scoffed. 

"How do you remove an atmospheric charm?" Remus had glanced down at his book momentarily, and Tiger rolled her eyes.

"Meteolojinx Recanto. Obviously." Tiger said, moving from the railings and sitting down on the bench next to Sirius. "So that picnic day." 

"Can't be this weekend. If they win the cup, then it's partying all weekend. If they don't, then we have to keep an eye on James at all times. Can't go near any deep water, nowhere near the astronomy tower - even the prefect baths are dangerous at this point." Sirius said. 

"It's that bad?"

"Have you ever met James?" Sirius looked surprised at Tiger's reaction. "Come on women, you're supposed to be dating him." 

"But the weekend after that could be fine." Remus jumped in just as his cousin was about reply. "James won't be as at risk of trying to become one of the Hogwarts ghosts then." 

"Sounds good. So a picnic - I'll go down the the kitchens next Friday depending on everything. I'll ask the girls and I think I've got this blanket that we could use as something to sit on." Tiger babbled excitedly, her mouth moving ten times quicker than her brain.

"Swimsuits." Sirius pointed out, and Tiger nodded. 

"Peter almost drowned last time." Remus butted in, and Peter flushed pink. 

"Yes, well we just keep Wormy away from the water." Sirius shrugged. "So food from the elves, Marlene, Lils and Lydia will be told, you've got a blanket and we all have swimsuits."

"James has extra if any of you need one and I've got tons for the girls." Tiger added, and the three boys stared at her. "I helped him pack for this term - he's obviously thinking ahead." 

"Actually being smart for once." Sirius snickered, and Tiger couldn't even try and defend him, and began to laugh - her boyfriend was effortlessly smart when it came to academic things, but common sense? He didn't have too much of that.

And the pair laughed even harder when James appeared right by them on his broomstick, face a picture of confusion as he wondered why his appearance made his best friend and girlfriend laugh so much.