-ˋ 25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE 

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY SIGN

. . .

The group of eight were practically entraced with what Dumbledore was saying, their gazes focused on him, not even drifting around the rather interesting office of his. 

He hadn't given them the chance to answer his question, it seeming more rhetorical than anything. Instead, it appeared that he had noticed the seventh year Gryffindors hanging on to his every word, and continued.

"It is something that you may only fully join when you have graduated - I can't possibly permit wizards and witches to undergo such dangerous conditions when they have not graduated yet." Dumbledore continued, Tiger not even reacting when James's arm around her waist tightened slightly at the words.

"That is what you must understand. What I am asking you to do is dangerous, and you have every right to deny my offer. However, it would grant you with far more experience than being an auror ever would." He looked over to Tiger, Sirius and James. "But as those who do wish to go into such a dangerous field, you are the three I am expecting the most from."

"No pressure, huh?" Sirius broke the silence from the students, his comment causing a few relieved laughs. "What sort of danger are you talking about?"

"Situations which I can't possibly reveal to those who aren't training to become a part of the Order." Dumbledore replied, the twinkle in his eye that came from Sirius speaking extinguishing as the words left his mouth. 

"And what will the training include?" Lily spoke up. "Are any other students possible members as well, or is it just us?" 

"You are the final group that I have asked. And by far the biggest." Dumbledore leaned against his desk. "Alice Fortescue and Dorcas Meadowes of Ravenclaw, Frank Longbottom of Hufflepuff." He said.

"Dorcas?" Marlene perked up, and the seven other students glanced over at her, Tiger watching with her head tilted and looking amused. 

"There are older students you may also know. Edgar Bones, Strugis Podmore and Emmeline Vance. Of course, there also Fabien and Gideon Prewett, who graduated not two years ago." Dumbledore continued. "I expect, Miss Howell, Mr Potter can tell you all about them following this meeting."

Tiger's head shot towards Dumbledore; she had been looking up at her boyfriend, who met her eyes and began mouthing answers to her in reply to her questions of who these people were. "Of course, sorry." The Howell girl quickly said. 

"There are other members as well, of course. As Miss Howell predicted earlier, Professor McGonagall is very much aware of this organisation - however she is not a member. Others you may now are, however I can't inform you of that information until you yourselves are members. Mr Lupin?" Dumbledore folded his palms in his lap, whilst Remus looked shocked that he had been called on - he had only been thinking of a question, but hadn't asked it. 

"Oh.. what sort of things does the training include - you never answered Lily's question." Remus said, and Dumbledore seemed to have completely forgotten about the first of the Evans girl's questions, and nodded.

"Without informing you of too many details, I can tell you that I will be your personal teacher. You will be developing your Defense Against the Dark Arts skills, and I'm rather aware that several of you, namedly Mr Potter, Mr Black, Miss Howell and Mr Pettigrew have performed some rather spectacular magic for their ages." Dumbledore said, and the three other girls looked over, Remus knowing what he was talking about.

"That we're animagi?" Peter asked, before he could stop himself. Dumbledore nodded solemnly as he ignored Lily, Marlene and Lydia's reactions.

"I am also aware the four of you - three up until Miss Howell arrived - have displayed fantastic acts of comradery that is hard to find anywhere else." Remus's jaw had dropped, thinking the head teacher was going to reveal his secret right then and there, but he said nothing else.

It seemed that only Marlene and Lydia were unaware of his 'furry little problem' as James would put it. Tiger knew by default, and his friends had known since second year - and Lily Evans was extremely smart, it hadn't taken her too long to figure out after she wandered upon Madam Pomfrey escorting him out of the school on one of the nights that the full moon happened to take place on the night that they had been assigned prefect patrols.

"I believe I have answered enough, so the question is, will you join?" Dumbledore asked, clicking his fingers and a piece of parchhment appeared in his hands, placing it down on his desk. "It is compltely confidential, and if you wish to discuss this more, I understand. However, when you are ready to join, the sign-up sheet will be right here." 

He slid the parchment between two dark blue books on his shelves, just underneath the shelf that the sorting hat was on. "Goodnight to you all, there are some toffees on the desk, and you may see yourselves out - unfortunately I have important matters to attend to."

And with that, Dumbledore left the eight teens in the room, staring at the place where he had elft the parchment. No words were spoken, and nobody seemed to look at each other.

James was the first to move, tugging the parchment out and picking up a quill, scribbling down his name. Sirius was next, and then Tiger.

And after that, all eight of them would have signed the piece of parchment. And would begin their training to become members of the Order of the Phoenix.