-ˋ 42

CHAPTER FORTY TWO

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY LEAVE LONDON

. . .

How Tiger managed to take Treacle all around the various shops they visited without getting caught, James did not know how. But somehow, in every shop, whether muggle or wizard, Tiger had the tiny kitten tucked away in her coat.

She even managed it on the tube back to Kings Cross, and on the main train back to the small town near to the village in which the Potters lived. They were beginning to think that muggles couldn't see the creatures, which would make sense.

They weren't sure, but what Tiger was sure of, was that Sirius was already missing Remus. Ever since the group had split up, Remus travelling back to his house through the floo system, Sirius had a prominent pout on his lips.

"You'll see him soon Padfoot." James said, and Sirius's pout disappeared, replaced with one of confusion. "What? It's pretty obvious that it's Remus-related, considering how down you've been."

Sirius glanced at Tiger, who seemed to be trying to figure something out without even saying something. They were stood out on a cold platform, and Tiger thought that maybe after everything, the cold had gotten to James's head.

"What are you saying?" She asked, then blushed when it sounded slightly suspicious. Tiger glanced at Sirius, who just shrugged, looking over at James.

"It's pretty obvious you like him, Sirius." James shrugged. "I think he likes you back, for what it's worth."

"And I was thinking you had no idea. You're ok with it?" Sirius checked, moving a little closer to Tiger, and exchanging glances with her once more. He seemed moe than worried, and almost in tears.

"Sirius, personally, I'm fine with it. You're my best mate, it doesn't matter who you love for me. But just be careful alright? I have no idea how Pete might react." James smiled slightly, hugging his friend for a second.

"Come on, your dad's here." Tiger said, and Sirius almost bounded over to the car, letting Tiger and James slip into the backseat before getting into the front seat.

"Good trip?" Fleamont asked, driving away from the station. "It looks like you managed to get quite a few things." He glanced back into the backseat, and Treacle decided then to wake up from the nap she was in.

Tiger froze, feeling the slight bulge in her coat pocket move, just as Mr Potter was looking into the backseat. Somehow, he didn't notice, and Tiger let out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah, we visited a few places, didn't we Tigs." James looked to the girl, who nodded. "A few presents for people, a couple other things."

"And you, Sirius? I believe you and Remus were paired whilst those two went off together?" Fleamont asked, and instantly, Sirius got a massive smile on his face.

"It was good. We went to a bookshop." Sirius nodded, Fleamont pausing for a second at the answer, but not prompting it any further.

The drive back to the house was short, and Fleamont happily helped them bring their bags inside. Treacle had fallen asleep after being warmed up once again, and only moved every so often.