-ˋ 01

CHAPTER ONE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH ITS THE SUMMER

. . .

She woke up to the feeling of a hot trail of kisses travelling down her neck, passing over her collarbone and down her torso. Staying still for just a moment, eyes laying closed, a flush of satisfaction flowing through her body. 

Unknowingly, a sigh left her lips, indicating to a certain someone that she had woken up. The kisses stopped, and the feeling of slight weigh appeared on here lower stomach, the tickling of hair causing her eyes to flicker open.

"Morning." The vibrations from James's slightly deeper voice sounded, and a shiver of goosebumps appeared on Tiger's skin. The boy chuckled, his breath heating up the small patch of skin. 

"Morning." Tiger finally said, her eyes flickering open and looking down at the boy, smiling weakly as she lifted her hand and tangled it in his hear, the knotted curls pulling slightly on his scalp. She tugged slightly and a noise sounded from the bottom of James's throat.

Her tired eyes widened, and the girl shuffled up into a sitting position, her eyes focused on the boy that laid further down the bed. The plush of the pillows pressed against her lower back, and eventually, a blushing James looked up at her.

"That's something new." She commented, and the boy blushed, trying to divert the attention away from him as he littered kisses across Tiger's stomach. But she had the upper hand, and with another tug of his hair, James made another noise, and the kissing stopped, the defeated boy resting his head further up her body, her heart pounding in his ear.

It was yet another summers' morning, far into the holiday that separated the school years apart. In a way, the morning was similair to the many they had spent together previously, but somehow different. 

For one - neither of them had many items of clothes on, and in the early morning temperature it didn't seem to matter - especially considering just how close the two bodies were pressed together. 

"Didn't know you like that sort of thing... good to know." Tiger smirked, and James grumbled into her chest, soft flutters of touch as he drew circles on her skin. 

"Maybe I do." He said, sitting up properly this time and looking over at his girlfriend. "You're wearing my t-shirt." 

"Yes, don't want it back do you? Although you might need one if you want to go downstairs." Tiger giggled, her finger brushing up and down James's back, the boy wincing and shivering slightly as she did so. 

Just like always, the girl was glowing - a certain sparkle that James would be the only one to witness, and he didn't mind being selfish, just this once. 

"It's the garden party today." He said, watching as the Howell girl reached over onto the floor next to the bed, looking around for another t-shirt of James's, finally throwing one over at him. 

"It's been a year." Tiger smiled, somewhat reminiscently if the year that had happened. "A year since I gorged myself on a plate of bite-size treacle tarts and yet you were still attracted to me." 

"I don't think that any amount of food that you gorge yourself on could have swayed me. Planning on wearing a summer dress?" James asked, sitting on the end of Tiger's bed, beams of sunlight streaming in through the windows in the garret.

Tiger's room was perhaps the best in the house, James had concluded. The walls of the second floor bedrooms were so high that it felt as if the room was miles away from any others, giving them the seclusion that they needed.

The rays of sun hit James's back, illuminating the red marks on his back. It was Tiger's turn to wince, as the damage she did was highlighted - and she moved over to him, arms circling loosely around James's neck, leaning on him. 

"Do we have time before breakfast for anything?" She murmured, and although a smirk appeared on James's face, he shook his head. "I suppose we shouldn't leave Sirius down with your parents for too long." 

"He'll talk their ears off." James smiled, getting up and looking back down at his girlfriend. "Wear a summer dress for me today?" He looked hopeful. 

"What, so you can rip the fabric like you did with that skirt?" Tiger scoffed, shaking her head. "Fat chance." 

"Any way I can convince you?" The boy asked, and Tiger seemed to consider it for a moment, before raising her arms up. Taking the hint, James reached down and picked her up. She wrapped around his waist, a whine leaving her lips as she buried her face in his neck. 

"A little too rough?" James asked, and he could feel her nod, before taking a deep breath and asking to be put down. He did so, and as he pulled on his pajama bottoms, he watched Tiger shuffle over to the pile of clothes in the corner, fishing out a pair of shorts and putting them on, the majority of the material hidden by her shirt. 

"You ready for helping out with the garden party?" James asked, and she nodded. 

"From guest to organiser, Merlin what a promotion." She murmured, smiling as the boy pulled her downstairs.

And so the summers day progressed.