-ˋ 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH JAMES IS UPSET

. . .

"Unclench your jaw, Prongsie." Sirius said, rather tauntingly ticking James's chin with the feather of his quill. After having walked into the Transfiguration lesson, James had frozen after seeing Tiger sat with Leo, and McGonagall had very almost bumped into them, as the Potter boy refused to move out of the doorway. 

"Really Potter! You could choose a better place to turn into a statue" The rather exasperated Professor had said. "Thank you, Mr Lupin." She continued, when Remus pulled him out of the way. "Talking about statues.." She raised her voice, walking to the front of the lesson.

Sirius pulled James down in the seat at the back next to him, and since then, had spent the majority of the lesson staring in front of him. "My mum always used to say that if the wind would change then your face would stay like that forever." He continued, moving his quill to write something down that McGonagall was saying.

"When did you ever listen to your mum?" James asked, Sirius shrugging. But all the same, he relaxed his jaw, pushing up his glasses and messing up his hair, finally out of his trance. 

"Good, burning holes in the back of his head won't do anything. I'm surprised he hadn't turned around yet." Remus said, leaning over the short distance between their desks so he could see something slightly better. 

"He knows what he's doing." James mumbled. "Tiger made it pretty clear that she didn't want to see him or talk to him. I should have turned him in a rock or something by now."

"Do you even know how to do that?" Peter asked, looking genuinely curious, but it seemed that James wasn't in the mood, because with a flick of his wrist, his wand was pointing at the Pettigrew boy. 

"Want to try it out?" He asked, Sirius sighing and pushing James's wand down. "You're right. I should just try it on him first. Hopefully it'll go wrong and he'll be stuck in between forever." 

"You know, I really don't like what this is bringing out in you." Remus said, laughing when James flipped him off. "No really, you're never really been this bad with anything other than Quidditch. I don't think Tiger will approve."

"Rem, Tiger is currently sat on the very edge off her seat, pointing away from that Leo guy. I don't exactly think she wants to be there either. Besides, we always sit at the front of Transfiguration lessons to talk to Minnie." Sirius said, shrugging. "Tiger was waiting for you to come and I came to check why you were taking so long and next thing I know is he's taken my seat."

"I'm not worried about Tiger." James said. "I couldn't care less about why she's sat there. It's him I have a problem with." 

"Hopefully he isn't saying anything." Sirius sat up slightly, trying to see whether or not Leo was speaking. "I'm not sure if anyone is aware that Luke the new Ravenclaw isn't who anyone thinks he is." 

"I would gladly tell everyone here that he's supposed to be dead. He is the reason why everything happened with Olivia." James's jaw stiffened once more, and Sirius looked over at his boyfriend. 

Sirius would like nothing more than for someone to pay for what his bestfriend went through last year. And James would want it as well, of course. Everything that Tiger went through, the torment from Olivia who had done everything because she was in love with Leo and believed that Tiger had killed him. 

And whilst she was absolutely a psycopath, it wasn't her fault that she thought Leo was dead. That rested on the shoulders of Leo, his parents and the school. So Sirius would absolutely love for Leo and everyone to get involved to be punished for what they did. But as Remus was so obviously telling him through the look in his eyes, it wasn't right for James to keep on like this. 

"You shouldn't." Sirius eventually said, and you could physically hear a muscle in James's neck crack as he looked towards him. The boy cringed at the sound, wincing when he saw the look on James's face. 

"Hear me out. First of all, Tiger has asked you and all of us to just stay quiet. She's doing what she needs to do for herself without thinking of anyone else. You need to respect her wishes. Besides, you don't know the full story." Sirius continued.

"So you think Tiger lied to us?" James asked, and Sirius facepalmed.

"No, you twat. I think that Tiger told us the truth, but there's things behind this that even she doesn't know about. It just isn't right to do this right now, mate. You know it isn't." Sirius tried to be as consoling as possible, despite his wish to make Leo pay as well.

"Remus, I don't like how smart you've made him." James commented, sniffing and turning away. He knew he was being very overprotective of Tiger, but she had just been through so much because of Leo - and what had happened to cause all that trouble had been a lie.

He just wanted Tiger to be happy, and that was all.

a/n
tysm for 600k!!
also idk whether to make
leo good or bad im kinda
on the fence but leaning
more towards good??
i dont want to reveal too much
but i think good would make
more sense?