-ˋ 76

CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE JOURNEY BEGINS

. . .

"Arrested?" Marlene and Lydia chimed, having asked about Tiger's holiday. Of course, it was very to do with James and Sirius and what happened in the Potter household, seeing as that was where Tiger lived now. 

"Gosh, you all seem so surprised to hear that. Sirius was the only one fine with it." Tiger rolled her eyes, and the three girls stared at her. "Don't start lecturing me, I've gotten enough from Remus and Lils." 

"Because you got arrested!" Lily sounded exasperated, and Tiger tilted her head at the girl. "Fine, fine, I won't say anything else. But if Professor McGonagall hears of this-"

"She'll skin me and James alive, yes I know." Tiger smiled slightly at just how protective their head of house could be, the woman caring so much for her students and showing it in the ways she could; by keeping them safe and making sure that they knew that Hogwarts was always their home. 

"So did anyone else do anything exciting during the holidays? Or is it just me who has a life?" Tiger drawled, stretching her legs across the gap between the two velvet seats. She laughed upon seeing the other's expressions. "I'm only joking, you know?"

"I went to the beach a few times." Marlene smirked slightly. "There was this cute barista in the coffee shop nearby as well. Gave me a few free coffees." 

"A muggle boy?" Lydia asked and Marlene nodded. 

"I think so anyways. Or if not, perhaps I could see him this year." Marlene smiled a little to herself. "Considering there's no Sirius this year, I could do with finding a new someone."

"Maybe he's a wizard. Maybe he's transferred in from somewhere - hopefully not Ilvermorny, gosh I could do without that." Tiger said. "Was he fit?" 

"You sound like the muggle boys near my house." Lydia laughed. "But was he?" She stopped laughing and turned to Marlene, who giggled and blushed. "He is!" She gasped. 

"His name is Luke - and he's gorgeous. He did sound like he was from America though, so if he is a wizard then he had to have come from Ilvermorny. Kind of like dirty blond-brown hair and really green eyes." Marlene gushed, and the three other girls squealed, even Tiger.

"Hopefully he's there in the summer." Tiger wiggled her eyebrows at the girl next to her, digging her elbow gently into Marlene's side, the McKinnon girl crumpling as Tiger tickled her.

"And that just leave me and Lyd." Lily smiled, half-hugging the the girl beside her. "Tiger has James, and Marlene has Luke."

"I don't have Luke.. not yet anyways." Marlene smiled as the four girls continued to talk about their summer. Lily apologised once again for her sisters' behaviour, and Lydia began talking about how her parents were moving back from Australia. 

"Tiger." Sirius appeared in the doorway to the compartment. He had pulled the door open rather forcefully, and the four girls stared at him. "Yes, hello." He smirked slightly, leaning on the doorframe.

"Can we help you?" Marlene asked, and Sirius shrugged, looking straight at Tiger, who frowned.

"Oh god, what's happened. Has Remus eaten too many jelly beans? Don't tell me James has broken his glasses - he only got them fixed yesterday." Tiger sat up, groaning.

"No.. none of those things. But I do want to hear about this thing with Rem and the jelly beans." Sirius said, and Tiger nodded. "But your boyfriend did ask me to come and collect you - he's too busy sat on his arse. Well.. kinda. I was going to the bathroom and I offered but whatever." He continued, the last two sentences extremely rushed.

"Fine." Tiger got up, and looking around the three girls, who had fallen silent, their eyes darting around their compartment. "Oh, and me and James are boyfriend and girlfriend now - he asked me after we left yours, Lils." She said, quickly closing the door behind her and rushing off before the girls could ask anymore questions.

She wanted to save something for that night, because the first night back always had the best talks. Tiger knew that she would most likely have to recount the entire experience of how he asked her at least twice, and she could do without saying it again there. 

"Hello dearest." Her voice was dripping with sarcasm as she entered the boys' compartment, squealing when James pulled her into his lap. 

"PDA.. gross." Remus made a face and then moved as Tiger tried to kick him. 

"You and Sirius practically made out in front of us twice. I'm sat on his lap." Tiger rolled her eyes and Remus made a face. "Don't even try to deny it."

Remus closed his mouth, and Tiger smirked triumphantly. But as the journey progressed, she felt herself getting tired - her and James had been up until the early hours of the previous night - or morning.

And so, with the countryside passing by them quickly, Tiger was lulled into a sleep, head resting on James's chest, just above his heart. It was something that had become a comfort for her - how her previous relationship ended was far from living, and just knowing he was there and alive was something that she needed.

And of course he would be there, his heartbeat could always be heard if she tried hard enough. Of course she could, it was James - and he would never leave her side.