-ˋ 57

CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE DAY COME TO A CLOSE

. . .

"Come on Twigsy." James called, already most of the way up the hill. Tiger was lagging behind, as the setting February sun, dragging her feet.

"These boots weren't made for walking up hills, Potter." Tiger shouted in reply, and James's laugh echoed down the hill to her, and she shook her head, trying to speed up.

"You manage perfectly fine going up all those stairs." James replied, as Tiger got closer, and he stopped, holding out his hand. "I'll pull you." He offered, and the girl beamed, taking his hand.

James dragged Tiger behind him, much of the way left. They reached the top, walking alongside the forest edge, to the path that lead to the Shrieking Shack, James beginning to pull her down it. 

"Wait-" Tiger faltered. "Isn't there some.. ghost in there?" She asked. "The locals call it the Shrieking Shack for a reason right?"

"Because of the noises that come around once a month. Loud wails, almost howling." James continuted to pull Tiger down the path, but because the girl wasn't walking herself, she sort of stumbled forward. 

"I mean it's haunted by some ghost.. wait." Tiger paused, and James looked back at her, knowingly. "Remus." She finished. 

"Bingo." James pointed at her, and when he pulled her forward, she walked with him, reaching his side and continued to step towards the old house. "It's really just an abandoned shepherd's hut or something. Not haunted, Remus would use it to transform for first year, and then sometimes now still." 

"I see." Tiger nodded, remembering the various times that her, James, Sirius and Peter had met up with wolf Remus somewhere in the forest - somewhere near here, no doubt.

"No ghosts, just a werewolf." James told her, and they reached the house, the Potter boy holding onto Tiger's hand a little tighter as they entered it, up the creaking stairs and into a room. "Here." James said, pointing to where a window would have been, but what was left was only the rotting frame. 

James climbed out of the frame, settling down on the roof that hung over the porch. Tiger hesitated once again, and James looked back at her. "It's stable. We've all sat up here at some point."

"If it collapses I'm going to sue you, Prongsie." Tiger promised, as she carefully climbed out of the window and sat down on the tiled roof. 

"And why would you do that?" James questioned her, and Tiger shrugged, settling down, her head in James's lap. 

"Physical damage. All that I would sue you for is some of your mum's cookies." Tiger smiled up at him, their eyes meeting. "She is a great cook." 

"I know." James nodded. "What are you planning on doing this summer? Staying with us or finding your own place?" 

"I don't know. I haven't got any money to get my own place, my dad hasn't written to me yet, and of course there's been no contact with my mother." Tiger shrugged. "If your parents are still fine with it I'll stay at yours."