-ˋ 51

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY WALK TO QUIDDITCH

. . .

"Next lesson we'll be going over several potions that will be covered in your exams, seeing as they're right around the corner!" Slughorn bustled around the classroom in a more rushed attitude than normal, several of the seventh year students glancing at each other and rolling their eyes. 

"Old Sluggy's gone mad." James slumped in his seat, arms propping him up as he tried to get comfortable on the wooden stools - but everyone knew it was forever impossible and at this point he was wasting his time.

"Well he hasn't really, has he? Last year was.. disruptive and filled with all sorts of drama." Lydia leaned over from her table, and Tiger, Remus, James and Sirius turned to look at her. "Sorry Tiger, but you were in the middle of it all so it'll be worse for you."

Attention flickered over to the Howell girl.

"I'll be fine." Tiger instantly shrugged. "I soak up information like a sponge, plus if Remus has anything to do with it he won't let me fail, right Rem?" Like a game of Quidditch in which they followed the Quaffle like a hawk, gaze turning to the Lupin boy.

"Yeah totally. I will definitely help you pass your NEWTs... I don't have anything better to do at all." His tone was dripping with sarcasm as he addressed his cousin and laughter burst out all around him.

"So remember-" Slughorn's voice cut across the noise, casting a sharp glare over to the table of Gryffindors near the back. "To gather any important notes you made last year. Amortentia, Draught of Living Death, Felix Felicis. After this, we'll be studying Veritaserum and exploring the articles of the up and coming Wolfsbane Potion, so it's important that we get this done now so we are prepared. You're dismissed."

The group only just dared to glance Remus's way as they packed up their bags, Sirius halfway through saying something to James when Remus nudged him and their gaze was directed towards the door. 

James and Tiger were already in the midst of the line of students leaving the dungeons, hands intertwined in the space between them with their bags facing outwards so not to cause disturbance.

"It's nice of you to walk me to practise." James glanced down at his girlfriend, guiding her around a group of first years who were descending down the stairs into the dungeons as they went up it, talking about asking Slughorn about a Sleeping Draught homework. 

"You've got a dedicated girlfriend. You would not catch me on a broomstick through, so don't push it." Tiger replied, smiling at they exited out into the Entrance Hall and began down the corridors that led them to the outdoors exit. "And don't expect me to come further down than the top of the path, I agreed to meet Marlene in the library to help her and Dorcas with some Transfiguration homework."

"See that's how I know you're my girlfriend." James exhaled as they stepped into the crisp air, surprised to see relatively clear skies despite the cold. Tiger rose an eyebrow. "I'm good at Transfiguration.. you're good at Transfiguration."

"You're right." Despite her expression, Tiger laughed, holding his hand a little tighter. The Potter boy might be incredibly smart, but he definitely had his moments where a different energy shone through. "Our best quality as boyfriend and girlfriend are our incredible skills in Transfiguration."

"Right?" James grinned, digging his free hand into his pocket. "And we're animaguses as well, which is advanced Transfiguration." 

"Animagi." She corrected, but nodded. "And that's our best quality. Not that I walk you down to Quidditch practise or anything."

"You're not walking me all the way though. But.." James began to smirk. "Maybe you could come down in a couple hours time? We'd be finished by then and the locker rooms would be free." 

"You're so... but I wouldn't say no to that." Tiger considered it as they came to the top of the path. "I'm leaving you here now though. So go and have fun, and I might come down by the end of it." 

Standing up on her tiptoes, she pressed a kiss to his lips and began to walk back to the castle, smiling and waving as the rest of the Quidditch team arrived.

"You've got a pretty girlfriend, Captain." One of the boys commented as they watched Tiger go by, head twisting back to watch her go.

"Eyes off Hopkins." James scowled at the boy. "Or I'll pay Ruth a galleon to send you through one of the hoops. And I mean it." 

He did, really.

a/n
sorry sorry these are a lot
of filler chapters recently