-ˋ 48

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY REACH THE SKIES

. . .

Tiger couldn't figure out whether she was falling in love with James or just had an overwhelming feeling of love for her friend - following the support he had shown her. 

Alterous attraction - the ambiguous attraction to a friend that is between platonic and romantic. 

She had read it a long time ago - in one of the muggle teen magazines that her friend had gotten sent to her whilst they dormed together at Ilvermorny. It had stuck with her, for whatever reasons it did. 

And Tiger was pretty sure that was how she felt about James, as she trudged down the damp path to the Qudditch stadium. As it was still pretty early in the year - the first month in fact, it was still cold, but Tiger had cast a spell, and the heat didn't necessarily bother her.

James had been ecstatic at breakfast, as it hadn't snowed overnight, meaning that there could be the Quidditch practise he had scheduled for. Despite the weather and cold, most of the team had been desperate for a practise, and it had been easy to organise - only having to wait on the weather to see if it could go ahead. 

And luckily, it only drizzled throughout the day, meaning that although it wasn't the warmest, there wasn't any snow and just a little shower of rain every now and again. 

After they had both left their final lesson of potions, James and Tiger had agreed to meet around five-to-five, so that James could carry out the Quidditch practise without being distracted by Tiger - several of the players had commented that the Potter boy was distracted by Tiger's present whether it was practise or an actual match - and Tiger could do some sewing. 

She was a few minutes late, and passed a few players, who greeted her with a smile and thanks for not turning up any earlier. Tiger would laugh along, and then try to stop her smile widening as she made her way to the pitch. 

James was waiting on one of the benches near the entrance, sweaty even in the cold and with his Quidditch clothes clinging to his torso. And Tiger hated where her mind went, as she sat next to him. 

"Tiger?" James asked, looking at her, and immediately the spell was broken as Tiger laughed, gently pulling his glasses off of his nose. "That is you right? And not some random girl pulling off my glasses."

"Merlin, you really are blind." Tiger commented, and James relaxed a little, recognising her voice. Using the bottom of her jumper, Tiger wiped the fog off of them, and raised her wand. "Impervius" She said, before placing them back on his nose. 

"Oh thank you." James said, when he noticed that his glasses were no longer steaming up, the effects of the coldness of the world around them and his breath. "You ready?" He asked, and just for a moment, Tiger stared up at him.

Ever since realising she might be a little in love with him the night before, Tiger had found herself slightly more aware of being around James. 

Whether that was all the slight touches between them that she had been accustomed to - the hand holding, their knees touching as they sat down or their shoulders brushing as they walked - or the little actions between them that they had reserved simply for each other.