-ˋ 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY HAVE THEIR FIRST LESSON

. . .

James and Tiger had disappeared off to Alchemy, Lily soon following them, Sirius and Remus were going to their Herbology lesson. Both of them were horrified to find, as they walked into the greenhouse, that not only was Marlene in there, but Leo as well. 

"This might be awkward." Remus mumbled, eyes flickering up to his boyfriend's expression and tugging him to the opposite side of the greenhouse, where Professor Marinus was stood. 

"No shit, Rem. Are they still talking? I would have thought McKinnonn wouldn't want to talk to him after everything that happened." Sirius grumbled. 

"You're forgetting that whilst Tiger is friends with the girls, their friendships aren't the same as the way we are with them. They've been slightly wary of her from the start, not used to the secrecy she has. This is just another big secret." Remus replied, forever the voice of reason to the slightly more chaotic partner of his. 

"Today, I have the unfortunate news that we will be re-potting Mandrakes." Professor Marinus announced, and a collective groan could be heard from the students. It was taught in second year, however there was always at least one lesson every year following that where they would need to re-pot the dreaded plants. 

"But I don't see why she can't trust Twigs on this one." Sirius sighed, as they made their way over to the box of earmuffs. "She was there when the whole thing with Olivia happened - and she can't seriously think that was all fake considering how badly it affected Tiger."

"He faked his own death and put your cousin through hell, Moony, but she's still talking to him like he's Luke from the beach-side coffee shop!" Sirius's voice seemed to raise in volume, and the Lupin boy cringed as he saw multiple people staring. 

Knowing what Sirius was saying was true, Remus mused on his words as he grabbed two pairs of earmuffs, tucking Sirius's hair behind his ears and placing a pair over his head. 

"You're right. But it's not our place to talk about it. Trust me, I would love to give Luke.. or Leo a peice of my mind." Remus decided to ignore Sirius's scoff at his suggestion of getting mad at the boy. "But Tiger needs some time to figure everything out."

"She's the one going through everything, along with starting this year and probably having to deal with Prongs fussing over her." Remus finished, placing earmuffs on his head but not over his ears. 

"You're right.. someone should be worried though. We all know what Tiger is like when she get's overwhelmed. and who knows if their ban of mentioning the astronomy tower is still up." Sirius mused, reaching their station again. 

"I'll mention it to James, it might be worth him carrying around the map for a bit if Tiger seems upset.. just so he can check up on her every now again." Remus said, and Sirius narrowed his eyes. "Not in a stalkerish way.. but if she gets any worse."

"No I get it.. I just want to know why he's looking at us." Sirius was staring over at something, and Remus turned around - only to see Leo staring at them. 

"Ignore him, and if he comes up to us in the corridor then we ignore him and wait for Tiger to tell us about how she's feeling. Don't let me forget to tell Pete." Remus said, pulling Sirius away from where he was stood, directing their attention back to Professor Marinus. 

After a full lesson of repotting the Mandrakes, Remus and Sirius left the greenhouse with their ears ringing. It wasn't a pleasant lesson, and with the headaches they were both developing, a visit to Madam Pomfrey was almost a necessity. 

"You both look disgruntled." Tiger appeared beside the pair as they entered the Entrance Hall, James following behind her. "Fun lesson?"

"We repotted Mandrakes." Sirius whined, and it seemed Tiger understood just how bad it was, the two dramatic best friends reacting similarly. "Walk to Transfiguration with me." Sirius said, glancing back at James and Remus, who nodded, watching as the two animagi walked off. 

"So what's up with her?" Remus asked, looking to James. "She's suprisingly happy, considering the circumstances."

"I think she's in denial. Trying to avoid thinking or acting on it. It's not good.. but it's hard to come to terms with. I can't imagine living for a year thinking one of you lot had died and me being blamed for it, but suddenly you're alive." James shrugged, as Peter joined them. "Alright Wormy, Divination fun?"

"I got told I'll end up taking the opposite path to what anyone expects and that I'll betray people close to me." Peter sighed. "Sorry in advance."

"We'll be prepared - Divination is a load of bullshit anyway, our first lesson with the tea leaves half the class was told they were going to die within the next ten years." James shook his head, messing up Peter's hair. "Smile, Pete, I know you'd never betray us - what are you gonna do, tell McGonagall about our end of year prank?" 

"She'll probably find me taking some of the fireworks to the store cupboard or something." Peter grumbled. "But other than my divination, what were you talking about?"

"Tiger's coping methods, she's acting as if nothing's happened." Remus said. "She should be fine, I guess she'll come to terms with it eventually. But if she does get worse-"

"I already have the map in my pocket." James replied. "Hey - you don't happen to know if this Leo guy plays Quidditch, would you? I'm holding tryouts this week and I would really like to have a team with will beat them all this year? And if he is a part of that 'all' it would be even better."

"I can try and find out for you?" Remus offered, and James smirked, nodding and clapping his friend on his shoulder as they reached their Transfiguration room. "But for now, I think Tiger should just stick with us, not talk to him until she's ready."

"Maybe it's a bit late for that." Peter squeaked, as they entered the classroom. Confused, James followed the Pettigrew boy's gaze, only to see his girlfriend sat next to her supposed to be dead ex. 

And it was not a sight that he particularily liked.

a/n
i have literally no
idea what alchemy 
involves so don't like
beat me up over this
i'm doing my best pls

also i'm just gonna say this
now but they won't break
up so don't attack me