-ˋ 56

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE DATE BEGINS

. . .

"A cupboard?" A voice came from the bathroom of sixth year girl dorms. "You were making out in a broom cupboard?" Marlene had never sounded so shocked, as she listened to Tiger tell Lily and Lydia the full story.

It was the next morning, and Tiger was getting ready to meet James in the courtyard. The Potter boy had helped move any items that Tiger had left in the boys' dorm back into hers, and although everything was back in there, Tiger waited late into the night to go to sleep, to make sure that Olivia was asleep.

The next morning, Olivia was gone when Tiger woke up, but she was bombarded by the other three girls, who had been desperate to know where the girl and James had disappeared to after potions. 

"Sounds real romantic." Marlene continued, walking back through into the main room, drying her hair with a towel. "Just imagine, your future child is asking how you got together, and you tell them 'we both smelt treacle tarts then went and made out in a storage cupboard."

"Ha ha, very funny." Tiger replied, her tone dripping with sarcasm. But her actions didn't match her words, as she picked up one of the decorative heart cushions and fell back onto her bed, staring up at the material that hung over the top. 

She sighed, a sound that was less of one of exhaustion or disappointment, but one of content. "Well girls, he's done it." Lily announced, and each of them popped up at the edges of her vision. 

"James Potter has turned Tiger into a softie, with one kiss." Lydia giggled, looking down at the girl, who made a face. "Well I'm not surprised, you two have been looking at other in that sickly way for ages."

"For how long?" Tiger asked, sitting up a little bit. She glanced at Lily, who had a knowing smile on her face. "Christmas? Halloween? How long?" Tiger continued. 

"Tiger, he's been looking at you like that since you came to Hogwarts. It was only recently that anyone noticed you looking at him the same way - although I think it's been a while, you have." Lily shrugged slightly as she spoke. 

"It's not awkward for you?" Tiger asked, and instantly Lily shook her head. "I just had to be sure." She explained, whilst laughing. 

"Trust me, we had that conversation with her on multiple occasions." Lydia said, and Marlene nodded, confirming it. "Remember on the night of the Quidditch party?"

"Really? That long ago?" Tiger replied, and the two nodded, before the three of them pulled her up off of the bed, tossing the cushion back onto her bed. 

"So what are you wearing?" Marlene asked, looking at the pile of clothes that had amounted on the end of her bed. "Do you have any ideas?"

"Ummm..." Tiger walked over to the pile, and Lily, Marlene and Lydia watched for a few minutes as Tiger pulled out a few things, before disappearing into the bathroom. 

The trio sat on Lily's bed as they waited, poring over the muggle fashion magazine that Lily had brought with her to Hogwarts after the Christmas holidays. 

Tiger re-emerged after a few minutes, and instantly the girls loved the outfit. It was a little lighter than her usual dark style, with a black tennis skirt and black fishnets, but with a white-collared shirt and a light pink muggle-brand jumper.

The same chunky boots were on her feet, and whilst majority of her clothing was still black, it seemed fitting for spring, and still managed to match Tiger's style. 

"It's no summer dress, but I think he'll like it." She shrugged, pulling up her tights slightly, looking at the girls. "What do you think?" She asked.

Instantly, the trio told her she looked amazing, and with Tiger having picked the outfit, she needed to do her hair, whilst Lydia tackled her hair. 

"Are you planning on re-dying it?" Lydia asked, as she brushed her hair through carefully with a comb, before taking the hair-curlers, waving her wand over them so that they would work without electricity. 

"Maybe." Tiger shrugged, applying eyeshadow as Lydia did her hair. "I might go pink though, it's more of a summer colour thank purple is." 

"You would look amazing." Marlene told her, and Tiger smiled a little, putting down the eyeshadow. "You suit coloured hair a lot." 

"Thanks, Marls." Tiger smiled, continuing to do her makeup. "Are we doing a hair band or butterfly clips?" Lydia faltered, before replying with the first option. 

Tiger had finished her makeup long before Lydia had her hair. After making sure that Tiger's hair was in soft waves, she began braiding tiny little plaits, so they blended into her hair. 

Lydia stopped part way through, rushing over to her bed and digging out a box. Inside the box were pastel coloured beads, and Tiger watched with a smile as Lydia put them in her hair with the braids. 

When Lydia was finished, Tiger carefully pulled the material, pastel green headband over her neck, then pulling it over her hair, it resting in the middle. Lydia helped her pull bits out of the front, and when they were done, the girl squealed, wrapping her arms around Tiger's shoulder, swaying side to side.

"You look amazing Tigs, I'm so happy for you." Lily looked almost tearful as Tiger stood up, applying lip gloss to her lips. 

"I feel like a proud mum." Marlene commtned, before looking at the time and watched as Tiger grabbed her bag, stuffing stuff inside. "Come on Tiger, you're going to be late.

"Shit, I am." She replied, and the four girls quickly ran down to the courtyard, and the three girls said goodbye to the Howell girl, watching as she almost skipped over to James.

"Good morning, Prongsie." Tiger announced her presence as she greeted him, and James almost audibly gasped when he saw her. She looked just as amazing as ever, and he could feel himself beginning to blush as she rose onto his tiptoes and kissed him on the cheeks. 

"Shall we go?" He asked, holding out his hand and Tiger nodded, pushing up his glasses for him before taking his hands. The pair left the school, hand in hand, the trio watching them, before deciding to go into Hogsmeade themselves. 

And what a date it would turn out to be, the beginnings of something truly beautiful, and something that had been waiting to start for a very long time.