˗ˋ 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THE CRUMBS OF A MYSTERY ARE DISCOVERED

. . .

"Good morning boys." Tiger announced as she sat down in her transfiguration seat. "I might be wrong, but I missed you at breakfast?" She asked, looking between the four boys, who were crowded around Remus.

Lily and Marlene had taken their seats neaer to the front, whilst Lydia had slid into the seat next to Tiger. For once, the Howell girl had managed to get up early enough to eat with the three other girls of her dorm, rather than sleep in and eat with the four marauders.

Who, Remus claimed, woke up rather early. But if James and Peter had their way, Tiger would eat with the boys instead. She had always known her cousin was an early riser, but she hadn't expected Sirius to be. What she did know, was that those two spent the majority of their time before school trying to wake James and Peter up.

"Potter." Tiger called, and James turned around confused, only to see her and smile, fully turning around in his seat. "Good morning." She smiled, and James could only smile wider.

"Morning." He replied, "We missed you at breakfast." James's smile disappeared when Tiger purposefully banged her head on the table several times, Lydia laughing beside her.

"I just asked that Prongsie." Tiger shook her head, but a soft sort of smile settled on her lips. "There's a Quidditch practise tonight right?"

"Yeah, the match is on Saturday." James said, and he seemed slightly more energised and sat up slightly, hope obvious in his eyes. "Are you coming?"

"Well I couldn't miss it could I?" Tiger asked, an eyebrow raised and a half-smirk resting on her lips. "Where else would I go. I've managed to finish the jumper as well, so I'm all ready to go."

"Will you come to tonight's practise?" James asked, once again looking hopeful, but his question would go unanswered, as the door opened and McGonagall swept in, wearing deep red robes rather than her usual emerald.

James turned around in his seat, nudging Sirius in the side and then laughing, falling silent as McGonagall looked over the class, seeming somewhat sterner than usual.

Something seemed a little off about that lesson, but not one of the students would be able to figure out what it was. It didn't seem to flow like it usually did. Whether it was because McGonagall was possibly in a bad mood, or because it was Monday and nobody was feeling particularily awake, nobody knew. But everyone seemed to let out a breath they had been holding for majority of that lesson when they left.

"Prongsie, Twinkletoes." Tiger's sing-song voice echoed the hallway, and the two best friends turned around, confused. Tiger was walking over to them, and stood in the middle of them, her arms around their shoulders, even though it was extremely uneven. "Did you forget the little promise you made to me?" She asked.

"What promise?" Sirius asked, as beside him, James shrugged. "What would we promise you? Who knows what you would do to use under the pretense of a promise."

"Forever a drama queen, Sirius." Tiger commented, rolling her eyes but quickly smirking again. "You two promised me a little study date during our free period which we had after Transfiguration today."