Year Seven - Part Twelve

We ran through the castle dodging hexes and debris as it flew past our heads. The school was taking a huge hit. The Death Eaters didn't care. It was heartbreaking watching our home get destroyed. "Harry!" I shouted as I saw my friend coming down the same staircase we were running up. Harry and Ginny had a moment before he started to run off again. "Harry wait!" I shouted. He turned around and looked at me with concern.

"What is it?" He asked sounding impatient.

"I'm coming with you." I said with determination.

"Liv, there isn't much time." He said desperately.

"I don't bloody care." I said defiantly as I ran to catch up with him. "Where are we going?"

"The room of requirement." He told me. "I need to look for something."

"Alright, then lets get going." I said simply. We ran as fast as we could. We barely made it past several explosions and practically ran into the wall itself when Harry pulled me back. Harry closed his eyes and muttered something to himself. Moments later the door appeared. I rushed forward and opened it, holding the door so Harry could follow in behind me.

"What is it we're doing here?" I asked as I looked around. The room was not the same as when we had been there earlier this evening. It was full of misplaced objects and looked like the home of a magical hoarder.

"We're looking for the Ravenclaw Diadem." Harry said as he started throwing items around. A goblet clanged on the floor past my feet. I felt like we were walking in circles as we looked around. The whole place was in complete disarray.

Harry stopped. He looked as if he could hear something. I watched curiously as he turned around and started walking deliberately towards a small box. His hands shook as he opened it and inside was a beautiful looking tiara.

"Well, well, what brings you here, Potter?" I froze at the sound of the familiar voice behind me. I turned to see Draco, Goyle and Blaise staring at us with their wands drawn. Draco's sneer faltered for a second when his eyes landed on me, but then his face hardened angrily. He focused on Harry who had inched forward so he was now standing in front of me.

"I could ask you the same." Harry retorted confidently.

"You have something that's mine. I'd like it back." Draco said. It didn't sound like he was only referring to his wand in Harry's hand as his eyes met mine again. I felt nothing but anger as I stared at the boy that I loved. I wasn't sure if that was past tense or not yet.

"What's wrong with the wand you have?" Harry asked, starting to get annoyed. He nodded towards it in acknowledgement.

"It's my mothers. It's powerful, but it's... not the same. Doesn't quite understand me. You know what I mean." Draco said with a smirk. I scoffed loudly and Draco's face reddened with anger.

"Why didn't you tell her? Bellatrix?" Harry asked him cooly. "You knew it was me. You didn't say anything."

Draco wasn't looking at Harry at all anymore. His eyes remained focused on me. I had to look away from him. I rubbed my arm where my scar was nervously.

"Come on, Draco. Don't be a prat." Goyle said angrily. "Do it." Draco looked conflicted as he held out his wand. His hands were shaking.

"Expelliarmus!" Hermione shouted catching us all off guard. I had no idea that she and Ron had even come in here. Draco's wand flew out of his hand and he ran backwards.

"Avada Kedavra!" Goyle shouted back. A flash of green light nearly missed us.

"Stupefy!" I shouted, it my spell missed him and hit something else nearby.