Year Four - Part Seven

"Where are we even going?" I asked as Draco led me through the castle. We were on the seventh floor and there was not a single student to be found. I would never have believed we were on our way to a party.

"You'll see when we get there." Draco said knowingly. He had been holding my hand as he led me through the castle. Normally I would have fought him on it, but tonight I was feeling generous. Eventually we stopped in front of an empty wall in a long, abandoned stretch of corridor. "We're here." He said with certainty.

"Is this some sort of joke?" I asked as I looked around at nothing but a brick wall. "You said this was a party."

"Just wait and you'll see." He said sounding very annoyed. "I can't believe I have to show a Gryffindor this."

"Well go on, show me then." I egged him on.

Draco rolled his eyes, "It's called the Room of Requirement. That's where we have all our parties. The room gives you whatever you desire. It's hidden until you go looking for it."

"How does it work then?" I asked curiously.

He smirked and took a step forward closer to me. I took an instinctive step backwards and found myself up against the wall. Draco put his arms up on either side of me, so I was stuck between them. He leaned in close, so our faces were almost touching. To anyone watching, we probably looked like we were snogging. He began to whisper lowly in my ear. "All you have to do is think about what you want... So what is it that you want, Olivia?"

My heart was beating fast and my breathing had become uneven, but Draco seemed calm and determined. His eyes had darkened with what looked like desire. As I stood there debating what my next move would be, I felt a door form behind me. I used my hand that was behind my back to twist the knob and open it. We both stumbled backwards into the room where tons of students were partying much harder than anyone at the Yule Ball had been. I looked around amazed while Draco stood next to me readjusting his clothes. He looked almost disappointed.

"Wait... Literally everyone is here except the Gryffindors." I frowned. "Even Hufflepuffs?"

Draco rolled his eyes, "That's what I said earlier. Didn't I? Slytherin throws these parties, so we make the rules. Rule number one has always been no Gryffindor students."

"You do this often?" I raised a brow.

"I've already shown and told you too much, Fern. I'm not going to tell you everything." He frowned. "Let's go get a drink." He put his hand on my lower back as he led me through the crowd of students. I thought it was just going to be butterbeer, but to my surprise there was a ton of firewhisky that everyone seemed to be drinking.

Draco nodded at Goyle who was tending bar. He slid him a glass that was way too full of firewhisky and Draco began to sip it.

"What do you want to drink, Fern?" Goyle asked me. It was weird. This was the friendliest he had ever been towards me. I suspected he had smoked or drank something to make him act that way, so I wasn't going to question it too much.

"I'll have the same." I said as I pointed at Draco's drink.

Malfoy frowned and shook his head, "No she won't. Just get her a butterbeer, Goyle."

Goyle laughed and poured me a decent sized glass of firewhisky that was clearly an overserve, "No, mate. Let her see if she can hang. It'll be a laugh." Draco scowled at his friend, but didn't protest. I took a long swig just to take my initial edge off and felt the effects immediately as the drink burned my throat.

"Easy now." Draco frowned as he grabbed my arm, "Pace yourself."

I rolled my eyes, "You're not the boss of me, Draco." I pushed past him and wandered through the party. I felt awkward and less confident than I did most of the time around my peers. I guess that was because I didn't have many friends outside of my own house, so I didn't really have anyone here to talk to. Unless you counted Draco, which I wasn't going to.