Year Seven - Part Eight

I don't know how much time had passed since Christmas, but I knew it had been months. Draco had stopped coming to the cellar at all, but Clara informed me that it was because he had gone back to Hogwarts for the term. The two of them talked a few times before he left, but I refused to acknowledge him at all.

Things had gotten progressively worse for us down in the cellar. I truly didn't realize just how much Draco's assistance helped us survive down here at all. We were all starving to death now, slowly but surely. Occasionally one of us would get picked to be tortured just for fun or for practice. I wasn't even sure why they were keeping us alive at this point. We had proved to serve no further purpose to them.

I could barely keep my head up from exhaustion and starvation when Draco finally came back one day. He looked stricken at our appearance and came racing back with heaps of food that we all graciously ate. Draco sat there in silence just watching us, partially fearful, and partially guilty. After I had replenished my strength by filling myself up, I finally had enough energy to be angry with him again.

"What are you still doing here?" I sneered at him.

Draco looked shocked and it took a moment before he spoke, "I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"We're fine. No thanks to you." I said.

"Ollie." Clara frowned at me and put a calming hand on my shoulder. "Stop."

"No, I won't stop." I snapped at her, "I've had enough of this."

"You being this angry all the time is exhausting." Clara said. "Even Luna agrees."

"It does take a toll on you, Olivia. We've all seen it. Haven't we Mr Ollivander?" Luna agreed. We all looked over at him and he nodded too. It appears that I was outnumbered here. I'm not sure why, considering we were all hostages, that I was the one being seen as too hostile. There was a loud commotion from upstairs that caused us all to look upwards. Draco immediately tensed up and got to his feet. People were arguing with one another very loudly above us. Narcissa came down the stairs in a hurry looking completely frantic.

"Draco, what have I told you about being down here?" Narcissa hissed at her son. "We need you. They think they have Potter." We all froze when she said this. They couldn't have found Harry. He couldn't end up in here with us. Surely we would all die if he did. What about Hermione. What about Ron? Had he ever gotten back to them?

"Why do they need me?" Draco asked nervously as his eyes shifted between me and his mother.

"They need help identifying him. Let's go." She said one more time before turning around to leave. Draco looked at me with fear in his eyes before he turned to leave. As soon as he was out of sight I ran to the gate to try and hear whatever I could that was going on upstairs. Why would they need help to identify the most famous wizard in all of England?

"Now we won't be forgetting who actually caught him, I hope, Mr Malfoy." I recognized the voice speaking. Scabior was here.

"You dare talk to me like that in my own house?" Lucius screamed back.

Things got quiet again and I couldn't tell what was happening. A shiver went down my spine when Bellatrix began to cackle loudly. Clara came up beside me and held my hand while Luna and Ollivander looked on from afar.

"Are you mad?" Scabior screamed as a commotion broke out. I held Clara a bit closer as we listened nervously.

"Go! Get out!" Bellatrix screamed. "Cissy, put the boys in the cellar! I want to have a little conversation with this one, girl-to-girl."

"They're coming. We need to move back." I whispered to Clara. We went a spot in the shadows and waited anxiously. We didn't have to wait long until Wormtail threw a familiar group of people inside with us.