Summer - Part One

"I'm so glad you've been spending the summer with us Olivia!" Molly exclaimed at breakfast one morning as she bustled around the kitchen, "It had been so lonely here without Fred and George, and you've made up for it tenfold!"

I blushed, "Thank you for having me. It's nice to be treated like family here, Molly."

"You are family, like it or not." Ginny said. "Just because you'll likely never become my sister-in-law doesn't mean you're not my sister."

"Don't worry Gin, I still haven't met Charlie yet." I winked and took a bite of egg.

"He's too old for you." Ron scowled, "Find someone your own age."

"But if Ginny wants me to be her sister-in-law, then that would mean you. And I already know you're a bad kisser. So it's a no from me." I teased him.

Ron turned bright red, "I am not."

"Really? Who else can I ask to vouch for that, I wonder?" I leaned across the table and grinned at him as I looked around for any other girl he might have kissed. There were none. "Anyone?" He tossed a waffle at me and it hit me square in the nose.

"When does Hermione get here?" Ginny asked.

"Right now!" She giggled as she walked up to the open door to the garden with her school trunk in tow. "Hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Olivia was just telling us how bad a kisser Ron is." Ginny laughed as she hugged Hermione hello before helping her inside.

"Don't tell her that!" Ron groaned and looked embarrassed.

"I wouldn't know anything about Ronald's kissing ability." Hermione said sounding equally embarrassed.

"How's your summer been, Mione?" I asked her.

"Rubbish." She frowned and sat down at the table beside me. She picked up some pancakes and put them on her own plate, "Don't get me wrong, seeing my parents was wonderful, but I would much rather have been with you lot."

"Well you're here now." I assured her. "All that's missing is Harry."

"He should be here at some point." Ron shrugged, "Dumbledore told Mum they had some business, but never mentioned when Harry might show up."

"Bonjour!" Fleur Delacour said as she practically floated into the room. "Ginny, why deed you not wake me?"

"I didn't know that was my job now." Ginny rolled her eyes. "You got up perfectly find on your own."

"Oui, but now I am late. Olivia, who is zis?" Fleur looked at Hermione curiously. "Friend of yours, no?"

"Oh, right. I am terribly sorry. Fleur, this is Hermione. She goes to Hogwarts with us. I'm sure you've met before. She was Viktor's date to the Yule Ball."

"Oh!" A sudden wave of realization came over Fleur's face, "Zis is 'Ermione! Yes yes. Viktor's girl. Of course I remember. Your hair is much less... 'ow you say... frizzy?" Hermione looked offended and I stifled a giggle. She was getting a small taste of what living with Fleur for the past month has been like. "Anyway, I can't stay. I 'ave to get to work at Gringotts. Perhaps I'll see you later."

As soon as Fleur left we all started laughing. Ron finally looked like he could breathe again. Even though his brother was engaged to Fleur now, he was still fostering a bit of a crush on her.

"I'm glad you're here, Hermione. We're going to the twins new shop tomorrow." I told her.

"They finally opened it?" She asked.